“Probably one of the best spots in Airlie Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Coral Sea Resort

Coral Sea Resort
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Airlie Beach
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Probably one of the best spots in Airlie Beach”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We really enjoyed staying at Coral Sea Resort. Maybe not the most modern looking hotel, but rooms are clean and very comfortable, and the views are probably the best in Airlie Beach. Nice swimming pool with plenty of space and sun chairs. No spa pool.

The included breakfast is continental only, not cooked, but perfectly acceptable.

The staff were very friendly. We did not try the restaurant for dinner, as we went out to the restaurants around Airlie Beach.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Coral Sea Resort. The room was very comfortable and clean, and it was in the perfect location in Airlie Beach. You could easily walk to the center of town from the resort (about a 5 minute walk), but it's removed enough to feel like you're not in the middle of the party scene. I would definitely stay here again. The staff were very nice, and the complimentary breakfast was good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A very nice hotel and they claim it has the best view in Airlie Beach and I cannot disagree. We had a self catering two bedroom suite which was very comfy & clean although I didn't plan on scaling the north face of the Eiger to get to the room - not easy with 3 heavy suitcases. Fortunately I recovered after a few beers.
The hotel is on the bicentennial walkway which runs from Airlie Beach along the coast with some amazing views. You can also choose some good water sport activities from the jetty adjacent to the hotel pool. We tried the paragliding and the inflatable 'white knuckle' ride (as it should be advertised) which is the first I have done laying face down on the raft. I think the guy on the jet ski pulling the raft was determined to throw us off but we hung on for dear life & to be fair to him he did applaud when we got back to the jetty. I thought my head was going to fly off at some point but Fortunately I recovered after a few more beers!

Room Tip: Try & get a sea view room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here 2 times in 4 years. Anticipating being back again later in the year!
5 minute walk to the Marina,and about the same to the shops in the other direction! Nice food downstairs, with a a spa,hammock on the balcony with views of the Islands.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed at here 3 nights, starting with one night before leaving Airlie beach for the Great Barrier Reef where we also stayed one night before coming back to this hotel for two more nights.
The first night we got a quite small room without ocean view. It was ok, but the hotel's location is so good so you really miss a big part of the experience without a nice view.
The two last nights we therefore asked for a room with view and balcony and we got it for a small fee which was absolutely worth it!!! The room had also jacuzzi and was much bigger. Each morning we could watch the sunrise from the balcony.
This hotel has a great location between the harbour (close to all boat activities) and the city. It's so quite and nice. The service is great and the pool area was really nice. The hotel's restaurant had good breakfast (included) and also good food for dinner!
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to my friends. Only negative part must be it's a little bit unmodernised.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tiwkan
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

First of all... definitely book a Coral Sea Spa Suite. Without a doubt the most beautiful room and view. My Fiance and I were blown away by the room. Secondly the breakfast was simple but effective since the weather is so warm. Thirdly the service was exceptional. We had an early morning tour so the resort kindly organised to deliver our breakfast the night before. The spa on the balcony was beautiful and the resort leaves plenty of products for the spa including candles which just topped our stay. Thank you to the Management of Coral Sea Resort, you blew us away and won't hesitate to stay with you again and recommend you to all of our friends and family.

Room Tip: Coral Sea Spa Suites
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TeeBritt
Paris, France
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The tourist information lady laughed when I asked for a no-party and kid-free hotel in Airlie Beach! But she hit a winner when she suggested Coral Sea Resort and it was perfect.
I was able to enjoy the beauty of the whitsundays at a reasonable price and in lovely surroundings.
The hotel is a very short and pleasant walk (3 minutes) to the lagoon, shops, restaurants, but far enough away not to be disturbed by the backpacking crew.
My room was spacious and I had booked a sea view, which was amazing (see photo) and enjoyed a glass of wine with the sunset every night. The room was comfortable and had all ameneties. Only complaint I would have is I couldn't tell if my room was locked when I was inside. The reception told me this was normal and the room was locked, but travelling on my own, I found this a bit disconcerting. There was no chain for the door, so I literally couldn't tell if someone could just walk in.

Staff were very helpful and leant me towels for my day trips, even after I'd checked out.

I'm really glad I picked this place and not one further up the hill as it was so easy to get around. If you're not looking for major party or travelling with your kids, this is a good place for you.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
#5 of 5 in Hamilton Island
Beach Club
Beach Club
#1 of 5 in Hamilton Island

Been to Coral Sea Resort? Share your experiences!