We arrived via ferry from Hamilton Island - Coral Sea is sort of between the ferry terminal and the town centre, so you can walk between the two. This was the start of our journey, we were moving on to a bareboat charter and the marina was between the ferry terminal and Coral Sea - quite close to the Coral Sea and a pleasant board walk with ocean outlook.
The Coral Sea was a great start - we had a Coral Sea Spa Suite, it had a little kitchenette, lounge area with a nice size balcony with a spa and hammock, and the bed was the most comfortable I reckon I've had in this sort of accommodation - even she thought so.
The only problem with the room we had was it faced east so in the early morning we got the bright sun straight into our apartment - BUT that made for a brilliant outlook in the evening when you want to open up and enjoy the view.
Pool looked inviting, but we declined the invitation - sitting at the settings on the lawn with good friends and good wine was much better - just a brilliant outlook and so relaxing.
Staff were very good and only to willing to help - breakfast was basic but ample, that said we didn't want to smash the diet too early in our trip anyway so they did us a favour.
Loved it and would stay again if we were up that way again - one day maybe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned on the absolute ocean front and just a short stroll via seaside boardwalk to the enchanting Airlie Beach resort village; with its relaxed atmosphere and collection of eclectic shops and cafes; lies the Coral Sea Resort. A stroll in the opposite direction crossing a separate boardwalk with the sea below is Abel Point Marina, your direct access to the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coral Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sea Hotel Airlie Beach
- Coral Sea Airlie Beach
- Coral Sea Resort Hotel
- Coral Resort Sea
- Coral Sea Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands