“our honeymoom”

Whitsunday Terraces Resort
Maroochydore, Queensland, Australia
“our honeymoom”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stayed a week here on a holiday deal,... the view was to die for, the tame cockatoos were adorable that flew to your balcony in the arvos.
Will agree the rooms could do with a little fresh up, abit old and tied looking. but the staff were amazing!
we had a ball and stayed a extra night.
would I stay there again? yep! but would ask for a updated nicer room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed here for a few nights ! The resort it self was a little outdated the rooms really really need an upgrade. We were told that the one bedroom apartments had full kitchens but were a bit upset when we got into the room and it was an electric cook top with a small portable oven! The bathroom was a great size but could do with a little paint and touch up. We were also told that there was a laundry in the actual apartment but again were confused as the laundry was in a totally different section. The location of this resort was perfect as there was heaps of cafes and resturants in walking distance . The view from the rooms were spectacular! Overall I suppose this place was average but the view and comfy bed made up for it !

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Travellinggypsy1
gispypoint, Manager at Whitsunday Terraces Resort, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Hi There,

I am sorry that you were not happy with your accommodation, could you please let me know if you booked through a agent or was it a direct booking so that it does not happen again. My staff know to inform guests that there are only kitchettes in all the units and there are no laundries in the rroms.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I was happy from the moment i stepped foot on the property. I checked in at recpetion and was amazed by the view of the ocean, little did i know the view from my room was even better. I was stoked to here how cheap the accomodation was for how beautiful the apartment was. I had a kitchen, bathroom and a balcony with chairs to chill and watch the ocean. I didnt bother cook at all because i was metres away from town and everything else. The Terraces is a wonderful place and I'd say the best in Airlie.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank woodie91
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Our room had an amazing view. By far the best in Airlie! The location of the hotel is great . you get a 270 degree view of the bay and the balcony is really good. The room however was not a 4 star category at all. Our AC stopped working at night and had no cooling at all. The bed had WHEELS? so somehow if you sleep at one place at night you have a good chance that you might drag it to some corner of the room. Our studio was attached to another studio , so there was a strange door right next to our bed and that was quite irritating. Nice hotel for a budgeted travelers but those looking for luxury please look for other options!

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ujjwal1982
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Just returned from spending 5 nights here. Would not recommend it to anyone. The taps were covered in grime. There was mold on the ceiling. Cups & Glasses had be placed on the shelf unwashed. The Fridge/ Freezer still had remains of food in it from the last occupants. The lock on the balcony door could easily be opened from the outside. The only good thing about the apartment was the view.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Laura87130
gispypoint, Manager at Whitsunday Terraces Resort, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Hi Laura,

Thank you for your feed back regarding your stay, I am verysorry that you did not enough your time with us and if I had known at the time I would have move you to another room. I have taken your comments very seriously have have closed off this room until we get it up to a much better standard. As all of our units are individually owned we ourselves try our very best to encourage owners to better maintain their units.. Your comments will also be passed on to the owner so that they can improve the standard of their unit if they continue to have in as a holiday unit.

Travellers are raving about these Airlie Beach hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I haven't been to this resort since 2009 and glad to hear that the Terraces is under new management. I can tell its been done up nicely and looks 100 times better. The rates were cheap as i remember which i was also glad to hear. The rooms are much better and modern, the room was great and clean with no hassles at all. Receptionists were great and very helpful. Had a great time.

Room Tip: Book cruises and all with reception
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ben p
Tannum Sands, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We spent five nights. The views very fantastic. The furniture in the room was old and worn out (lounge seat had a big dip in the middle, lounge itself in need of replacing). We had to defrost the freezer of the fridge (iced up +++). The taps in the bathroom and kitchen had a build up of grime + around them - just looked so dirty. The rooms smelt musty. The place was not cleaned properly - not sure what their standard of cleaning is. The parking was a nightmare. And to top it all off there were little ants roaming the bathroom and the kitchen.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lea775
gispypoint, Manager at Whitsunday Terraces Resort, responded to this review, 3 February 2013
As I stated previously if I am not informed that there is a problem with the room then I am unable to fix it.
If the rooms are not to cleaning standard please inform reception as soon as possible so that we can send the cleaners back,
I do thank you for your comments and will pass on about the couch to the unit owner