Really surprised about how friendly the staff is. They really takes care of the guest and most of the guests ends with being really good friends with the staff. I have stayed their for nearly 3 weeks, and it kinda way hurts to go away.
Beside that i really love the 4 shared room with aircon. I was a bit nervous about if i would meet anyone when its only 4 shared, but already on the first night i found out that it is really easy to meet people. I didn't drink the first night but still i met so many great people.
The rooms a really clean and the bed where so comfortable. I love the paintings on the walls, witch makes even a walk down the hallway pretty good.
Another plus is the small bar. Really nice and actually really cheap. the barmen are so funny and they keep it alive. Although that the hostel got a small bar, it is still really easy to sleep.
and i really love that they got a bus, then i don't have to walk forward and backward from the greyhound station although its only a 5 min walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 400 metres from the main street, on the top of a small hill, Backpackers By The Bay has awesome ocean views and offers a very social, warm and relaxed atmosphere. Accommodation is available in four share rooms, one 8 share and doubles. Linen is provided and all rooms are serviced daily. Airconditioning is included during the warmer months (mid Sept to mid May) The hostel has a saltwater swimming pool which is surrounded by hammocks, sun-lounges and palm trees as well as a huge sunbaking deck. A fully equipped kitchen with crockery, cutlery and utensils is provided, as is a laundry. The games room has internet access and pool table. Each night, during 'happy hour' the staff hold social activities to help guests meet each other - these include: *Team trivia competitions with the winners receiving a bottle of champagne. * Wii Sports competitions including Bowling, Tennis, Golf, Baseball and Boxing * Killer Pool comps After all the fun and games, relax and watch a movie on the ONLY outdoor cinema in Airlie Beach (Sunday and Tuesday nights) With the best local knowledge of all the tours in the Whitsundays we can help you choose the best trip for your needs. By the Bay is not affiliated with any tour opperators so we don't force any boat on you. We give you all the info and let YOU pick. We also offer a free nights accommodation and free luggage storage with every overnight sailing tour booked with us The friendly and helpful staff look forward to meeting you! *FREE Courtesy bus service meeting all coaches(between 7am-7:30pm). *FREE Tea and Coffee *FREE Wii Sports game *FREE quiz for a bottle of champagne every night! *FREE hammocks, sunlounges and BBQ use *FREE accommodation and storage (with every overnight trip booked) *FREE linen supplied to all beds *FREE unbiased tour advice- often at standby or discounted prices *FREE Fully equipped kitchen - all cutlery, crockery, pots and pans provided at no charge!!! *FREE Off street parking *FREE WiFi available, two hours on arrival ($4 per 24 hour login logout) *Laundry room with washers, dryer, ironing board and iron *Lounge/TV room with wet weather movie days organized *All rooms serviced daily *Lending library *Safe and secure 24 hour access ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Backpackers by the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backpackers By The Bay Hotel Airlie Beach
- Backpackers By The Bay Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands