Beaches Backpackers
Mantra Club Croc(Cannonvale)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$96
  • Pool
at Marina Shores(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$168
Agoda.com
Colonial Palms Motor Inn(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$112
Travelocity
Whitsunday on the Beach(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$103
Agoda.com
Airlie Beach Motor Lodge(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$128
  • Pool
US$531
US$203
Agoda.com
Coral Sea Resort(Airlie Beach)
US$231
US$173
Priceline
Heart Hotel and Gallery Whitsundays(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$135
  • Beachfront
The Islands Inn Motel(Airlie Beach)
US$88
Priceline
Airlie Beach Hotel(Airlie Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscheap mealreception staff were verybar attachedenjoyed my staycentral locationairliepartyingbalconies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

First thing-there is a pool, but its just filled with straw..fortunately the lagoon is only a 3min walk.
Backpacker-housekeeping at its worst...dirt everywhere..even after they cleaned it. Cockroaches (not only one!!!) in the stinky room.
Noise all around.
Aircon is broken.
No lockers.
It's the cheapest, but even for $18 p.N. you could expect a little more...

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice now so obviously the first time wasn't enough to put me off! It's definitely not the nicest hostel no but its not unbearable. This time round our dorm had lino rather than carpet which was much nicer and we had plenty of storage space. The bathroom was fine when we arrived but after everyone had showered the floor was absolutely disgusting which was probably my biggest dislike of the place. Also the mattresses sort of sink into your body shape through the night... so you wake up pretty uncomfortable.. But despite the fact Beaches clearly needs a bit of work I wouldn't rule out staying here again and have always enjoyed my stays!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This hostel has earned its review by failing on one of the most important aspects of a hotel/hostel/B+B - Safety. There were no lockers in the room and nowhere to put your valuables. In an 8 bed dorm this is simply not acceptable.

But it does not stop there. When another person in my room decided to bring back a guy to her bed, which demonstrates the kind of grotesque low life people that stay here, I decided to intervene. I asked the bloke to leave, as he was not staying at the hostel, and was met with indescribable aggression, threatening both my self and my girlfriend. There is no 24 hour security or even 24 hour reception at the hostel so with nowhere to turn we were left with a nights sleep which I would not wish upon any person.

DO NOT stay here. Fork out a bit more cash guys and protect yourselves and your belongings, I wish I had.

Oh and not to mention bed bug stains, grimy bathroom, above a late bar, linens not washed....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The title says it all really. Going into the bathroom i felt like if i touched anything i would catch something. Yes, it was that grimy. unfortunately i didn't have one of them thin liners to sleep in and i honestly thought i had bed bugs the next day. This is the only hostel we took 'recommended' by our peter pans advisor (so don't listen to them, do your own research!!) music went of for ages while we were trying to get a good nights sleep before our whitsundays trip.

the only good thing about this hostel was the cheap food. if you stayed here you got food for half the price and i got the cheapest steak ever! so i would say stay at another hostel and come for the food!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed her for $44 for 3 nights which is excellent value in an 8 bed dorm. If you're looking for a peaceful night then I'd pay more and book elsewhere. Beaches bar is one of the most popular on the strip and music goes on until Midnight every night and most of the rooms are very close to it! Rooms are in need of a little refurbishment as many light fittings were hanging off the walls. There was carpets in the dorm rooms which could do with a good clean and the bathroom was pretty horrendous. The housekeeping staff work for free in order to get free accommodation so take little pride in what they do. There was hair everywhere in our bathroom which was there for as long as we stayed, which was 6 days. Internet is ridiculously slow, I wouldn't even bother buying it there, totally unusable!
On the plus side the location is brilliant, lagoon is across the road and you're pretty central to everything going on in Airlie. Guests are entitled to a meal deal voucher which means you can get a steak meal for $6.50 and that comes with a drink too! Why would you bother to cook? Menu is really varied so don't worry, steaks not compulsory! Also, the staff on the reception are really cheery which always helps!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends