The cheap meals (which are huge and give you a drink) are the best part about beaches. Its in a good location right in the middle of the main street and we found the staff friendly.
Otherwise it isn't the nicest place. They do not meet you at the greyhound drop off like the other hostels, the rooms are basic but fine and with a small balcony and little kitchen sink area. The rooms are fairly big, but we didn't really go to the kitchen as it was dirty and smelly and the $6.50 meals were a better bet.
Stay here for a night before and after your Whitsunday's trip and its fine, any longer then you might want to find somewhere else. They will keep your bags whilst you are out on the boat for $5 in a locked storage room and there is a free day storage for before you check in/after you check out.
Location wise it is right by the lagoon which is where you will spend any time in the day as you can't go into the ocean in stinger season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A perfect location, affordable accommodation, friendly staff and an in-house bar with nightly entertainment makes Beaches the best place to stay in Airlie. Free wi-fi is available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Beaches Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Airlie Beach Hotel Airlie Beach
- South Beach Beaches
- Beaches Backpackers Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands