Cheap hostel per night. Was in a 10 bed dorm which is fine (I've been in a 16 bed dorm twice before). One bathroom between us all, with toilet, sink and shower all in one room. Cleanliness was the major issue for me, bathroom was disgusting - bugs crawling around. Then I get into bed after making it at 10pm - bugs all over me. I can take one or two, but after 30mins of squashing bugs, I had had enough. I was close to tears as reception closes at 8pm so I felt there was literally nothing I could do. My skin crawled all night so had a terrible nights sleep and was out of there at 7am when reception opened. Told reception about it and an apology was given but nothing more. I know it wasn't expensive to stay there but I did expect a clean bed bug free. I won't be going back there. Oh, and as you may see from other reviews, it has a loud public bar - not ideal if you do want to sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A perfect location, affordable accommodation, friendly staff and an in-house bar with nightly entertainment makes Beaches the best place to stay in Airlie. Free wi-fi is available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Beaches Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Airlie Beach Hotel Airlie Beach
- South Beach Beaches
- Beaches Backpackers Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands