I stayed for 4 nights in May 2010. I did a lot of research and read a lot of TA comments before deciding on this hostel. Not many hostels in Airlie Beach had good comments if one is not looking for a party place. It seems Airlie Beach Hostels don´t need to use a lot of efforts to get clients due to its popularity.
My friend and I wanted a twin room but nothing was available so we ended up in a 6bed dorm. It was actually ok though, quite spacious with ensuite bathroom. It was clean too. We were at teh back side of the building so it was actually quiet at night.
Location is a block from the beach and a bus stop is just outside.
There is an outside sitting area, large kitchen and a common room with TV.
Reception staff is very friendly and helpful and will also help in booking daytrips etc.
Would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Airlie Beach YHA backpackers hostel is located in the centre of Airlie Beach close to the swimming lagoon, restaurants, cafes and nightlife that Airlie has to offer. The hostel offers multi-share, double and twin rooms with private balconies. All hostel rooms are air-conditioned and the twin and double rooms have shared bathroom facilities with only one other room. Backpackers facilities include swimming pool, tour desk, free Wi-Fi Hot Spot (Wi-Fi Plus also available), kitchen, laundry, dining and TV room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Airlie Beach YHA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Airlie Beach Yha Hotel Airlie Beach
- Airlie Beach YHA Whitsunday Islands