“Poor service an ok meal. ”

La Tabella Trattoria
Ranked #8 of 113 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days All day dining Full Table Service Outdoor seating Views Private air conditioned function room Cocktail Bar Homemade pastas Fresh locally caught seafood Morning and afternoon Tea
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful spot for a restaurant. Nice view.
But service not so good. Lunch time, "table for three"; sat at a table and were finally given a menu by 'Gene', must have been a bad day for her as she was very abrupt and service with NO smile.
Rebecca took our order WITH a smile, thank you Rebecca.
Eventually our lunch came, no big deal....... Gene brought it out handed them to us so that we could place them on the table!!!!
Don't believe I would go there again.

1  Thank Chenille12961
Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The food tasted great but it was extremely expensive. 2 bowls of pasta and 2 kids meals was over $100. In part because a non-alcoholic glass of tea was $7! No salad, no bread, simply bowls of pasta.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is the first restaurant my family and I dined at upon arriving at Airlie Beach. The outside seating area is beautiful and great, seats are spacious. The problems begin with our waitress: she was rather rude, unattentive, and sarcastic. After taking longer than usual to explain the dishes to my family due to their limited english comprehension, she repeated our orders to us and then rolls her eyes.
The food is decent and tasty, prices are too high for the small portion sizes (although this is expected and understandable in a tourist area). Our orders arrived with an extra pasta dish we did not order (I'm positive because we had a long conversation deciding what dishes to get). I inform the waitress, and she denied she made any mistake and we simply have to take the dish and pay for it.
Throughout service, she was extremely rude and her attitude pretty much ruins the whole experience.
Unacceptable especially for such prices and location. I would highly recommend touists not to dine here.

1  Thank ExplorerDora2014
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We ate here during our stop at Airlie Beach and had a wondefull meal. We couldn't stand the smell of fried calamari anymore and here we got exactly what we dreamt of. Tastefull, pure food, just like we love it.
We had the tasmanian lobster, baramundi and scaloppini. Price may be slightly higher compared to other restaurants around but absolutely worth it.
We will go back for a second dinner.

1  Thank Jordaanwy
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I went to La Tabella on two occasions for breakfast and had a great meal each time. I had the Eggs Benedict (the bacon option) both times and really enjoyed them. The coffee was also really good. We also dined there one night for dinner and again couldn't fault what we had.

1  Thank RocketMelbourne