“Magic Kiana reef adventure”

Whitsundays Sailing Adventures
2-Night Whitsunday Islands Catamaran Cruise with Resort Stay from Airlie Beach
More Info
US$238.66*
and up
1-Night Whitsundays Tour by Catamaran with Paradise Cove Resort from Airlie...
More attraction details
Owner description: Whitsundays Sailing Adventures - Quality Owner Operated Sailing & Diving Adventures. Great Barrier Reef - Whitsunday Islands - Australia. Vessels within the Whitsundays Sailing Adventures group Emperors Wings, Kiana, Pacific Sunrise, Silent Night, Summertime, SV Whitehaven, Whitsunday Getaway, Wings 2 & Wings 3. We have a fantastic range of vessels - and to make it easier for you to select the right style of Whitsunday Sailing Adventure cruises, we have grouped our yachts into four categories: Adventure and Classic Cruising, Eco Sailing Safari, Wings Diving and Style Sail and Dive. You can consider the options presented in each category to assist you to choose the vessel that will best suit your style and budget.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

really 41/2...cause I never give anything a 5

There is nothing quite like being under sail a, closing your eyes and imagining....
And that's what the MS Kiana, from Airlie Beach, offers.
It was an absolutely marvelous and memorable diving adventure on the outer reef

Over three days we Whitehaven Beach (stunning as the photos) sailed/motored to the outer reef and had two consecutive days of diving.

Captain Brent runs a tight ship and makes sure your diving adventure on the schooner lives up to your expectations. He's a great story teller and full of information on sailing, boats in general and the Whitsundays.Perfect for a single Ancient Mariner on a boat of delightful people from seven different countries whose ages ranged from early 20's to early 30s. We liked being under sail but came for the diving and were not disappointed.
Lily the Diving instructor knows her stuff and makes sure that you get the most out of every dive. She has the time and skills to keep track of her divers, point out the interesting and fascinating, and make sure divers enjoy their time underwater.
On Board she's happy to talk, discuss, teach and respond to every question
Brooke the Cook/Chef and a backup dive master made sure we ate well and the meals were enjoyable. I was lucky enough to have her as my buddy on the final dive and she was great. Hovered near by like a Guardian Angelfish but left me free to explore to the limit of my ability. Without her I would have missed a lot on the final dive.
The water quality varied because we were at the tail end of a cyclone and very high tides but when it was good it was very very good....and it was never too bad.
Sharks, turtles, Sea Cucumbers, Coral of every description and more fish than I will ever be able to name. It was everything I had expected
Kiana herself is tight but well laid out with plenty of room to be alone, when you want to be,while surrounded by fellow travelers. Like the crew the equipment was first rate. If there's a drawback it's the long - 7hr - trip back from the reef to the mainland. But that's the price of sailing and staying on the reef.
Indebted to Greg at Whitsunday Diving Academy (see separate review) for his advice and recommendation. Without him there'd still be a wish left on my bucket list. I'll be looking him up when I go back for my next Kiana adventure.
Only drawback for me was I was limited to two dives a day - and for a diver on the reef that's not enough. But...the snorkeling in between the dives was magic - in someways better - because Brent and Lily edged us close to a reef and everything was right there!!!
Brent-Lily-Brooke- Greg - watch for me cause I'm coming back
Visited April 2014

Res C, Owner at Whitsundays Sailing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thanks for the great review John. It would be great to have you back on Kiana again, please stay in touch. One thing that I would like to clarify for readers is the number of dives per day, this is governed by time available and conditions on the day.

The trip on Kiana includes a visit to Whitehaven Beach, a dive at the Whitsunday Islands and the trip to the outer reef. This is a lot to pack into three days and involves a total trip distance of over 150km. Weather conditions and other factors affect the time available for diving.

Certified divers should be able to at least 4 dives possibly 5 during the trip. First time (introductory) divers should be able to do 3 possibly 4 dives.

Greg Lambert
Owner - Kiana.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I spent 3 days on the Summertime, it was truly a amazing experience. The crew was amazing, knowledgable and friendly. There was activitys everyday but I felt no pressure to join in if feeling lazy. The food was constant, filling and yummy! I will be telling everyone I meet to book with the Summertime. ; )

2  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were visiting my daughter and boyfriend in Australia and she chose this boat on the recommendation of a friend, and I'm not a boat fan but we had a ball . The boat is an old fishing boat adapted for passengers and accommodation is basic but don't for one minute let that put you off because the crew more than makes up for it , Dave , Britt and Xanath were great fun but also professional and i always felt safe even in the howling overnight winds . Britt your cooking is fantastic i don't know how you do it in such a small space and there was always plenty food for seconds , they also catered for peoples dietary requirements and food allergies .Dave is an excellent skipper and was reassuring about my fish fear , and i went snorkelling . Xanath was the dive instructor and is a lovely person . My daughter and husband went diving with her and enjoyed it so much my daughter has since had the confidence to do dives in other parts of Australia .
We went diving , snorkelling and kayaking , saw a huge manta ray , turtles , sting ray and many other fish , even a dolphin one night .
This wasn't a party boat which was great being the oldest on the boat ! but you are free to take your own alcohol on board if you want and they will store it in the fridge for you . The age groups and nationalities on the boat were varied but we had a lovely bunch of people on our trip .
If i ever return to Australia i would love to do it all again

1  Thank merc2557
Res C, Manager at Whitsundays Sailing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

It is always so nice to receive such good feed back on our trips. I am so glad that your trip was everything you had hoped for and more. Looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Over Easter we have had some wonderful days with skipper Willo and deck mate Elliot. If you love sailing and you do not have time to rent a yacht yourself or you do not want to invent the wheel yourself (try to find the right spots, find where the reefs are etc.), I really recomment to go sailing with the Silent Night.12 guests on board of this yacht is the perfect number and Elliot is taking very well care of the catering.

Thank you!!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Our 3 day catamaran trip was shortened to 2 due to weather. We finished the trip wishing it had been for a week. The crew was outstanding, the food was wonderful, including my husband's gluten and dairy free requirements, and the accomodations were perfect. We are planning to do another catamaran trip thanks to our marvelous experience. The boat was perfectly appointed and comfortable with lots of room to spread out. The typhoon affected the snorkeling, but that did not dampen anyone's enthusiasm. Thank you to Down Under Endeavours for arranging this part of our trip to Australia. The entire month was wonderful due to their suggestions, but this was a highlight.