“Great Adventure despite the weather, marred by others smoking on board.”

Whitsundays Sailing Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
US$458.21*
and up
2-Night Whitsunday Islands Catamaran by Day and Paradise Cove Resort by Night...
More attraction details
Owner description: Whitsundays Sailing Adventures - Quality Owner Operated Sailing & Diving Adventures. Great Barrier Reef - Whitsunday Islands - Australia. Vessels within the Whitsundays Sailing Adventures group Emperors Wings, Kiana, Pacific Sunrise, Silent Night, Summertime, SV Whitehaven, Whitsunday Getaway, Wings 2 & Wings 3. We have a fantastic range of vessels - and to make it easier for you to select the right style of Whitsunday Sailing Adventure cruises, we have grouped our yachts into four categories: Adventure and Classic Cruising, Eco Sailing Safari, Wings Diving and Style Sail and Dive. You can consider the options presented in each category to assist you to choose the vessel that will best suit your style and budget.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great Adventure despite the weather, marred by others smoking on board.”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

What a fantastic way to spend 3days 2nights even in the rain. The weather made for great sailing getting up to 10.5 knots. I've a new found respect for the Americas Cup sailors 10.5 knots appeared fast 50 knots must be mind blowing.
The attentive knowledgable crew, superb food & general vibe made up for the incessant rain. It was warm though & I did swim in the rain at Whitehaven Beach, & when one is snorkelling rain doesn't matter.
It was my significant other's BD day 2 & I really appreciated the effort of the crew supplying the surprise BD cake I'd requested prior to embarking.
The cabin & ensuite were roomy, the meals superb.
Unfortunately there were 2 heavy smokers on our trip & although they were requested by the crew to sit on the back of the boat occasionally the smoke drifted back into the cabin & as I get nausea & a headache with tobacco smoke it made for an uncomfortable trip at times. I would have cancelled if I'd known there were smokers on our trip because you are confined & you do end up with people's second hand smoke. Peoples smoking status needs to be part of the booking info as although I can highly recommend the trip I'd never do it again unless I was reassured it was smoke free.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Genevieve154

• Chinese (Traditional) first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We did a three day, two night sailing/dive trip with Wings 2. We had an amazing time! The crew, Blake, Charlie, Su, and Brittany were super friendly and made every effort to make sure we all were happy and felt at home. We had never dived before but Su, the dive instructor, was great and made us feel very comfortable while learning, and during our dives. It was an incredible experience!

We had great weather and spent a lot of time sunning ourselves on the front of the boat and watching amazing scenery. We got to spend a morning at Whitehaven beach, which was really fun.

The food was delicious and plentiful, and the other folks on the boat were super nice as well. It was like a floating hostel where you get to know people from all around the world. The bed was pretty tiny for the two of us, but how great the rest of the trip was eclipsed that. Waking up and having your coffee on the water surrounded by the Whitsunday Islands can't be beat!

This was one of the highlights of our trip to Australia, I would highly recommend it!

1 Thank Claire R
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Trip!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had the most amazing 2 day, 2 night adventure sailing the Whitsundays with Whitsundays Sailing Adventures on board SV Whitehaven. SV is a more basic boat in regards to amenities, but if you want a bit more luxury go for Kiana or Summertime. The three Wings boats aren't like the old pirate boats but they're very modern. Derwent would be perfect for a honeymoon couple in the above deck suite!!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank fifihoy
“A fantastic trip with wonderful people”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had a great time on summertime! The crew was fantastic and friendly, I found myself spending more time talking to them the first night then to anyone else. They didn't once make me feel unwelcome.

The boat was wonderful, old wood, quiet and clean. I really have nothing to complain about. I would definitely go on this voyage again!

Bad Reichenhall, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Silent Night 2-Days sailing adventure”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My three friends and me had a really funny and adventurous time with the Silent Night Sailing boat with our two lovely skippers Willo & Taylor! Even though I expected the boat a little bigger it was an experience one really should have done! Furthermore the food for a little sailing boat was really good and I never felt hungry these two days. Unfortunatly there was no scuba diving available on this boat. Perfect for couples and groups of young and energetic people who want to relax, have a beer or wine at night together and aren´t too keen on just party.

1 Thank Weltenbummler92