“Saved Us”
Review of Airlie Beach Hotel

Airlie Beach Hotel
Ranked #39 of 113 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We needed a room for one night as our trip was delayed due to weather. The personnel in this hotel were so accommodating. They agreed to keep our luggage until we returned from our sail. They even put some fish in their refrigerator and our valuables in their safe. This, even though we were not booked to stay with them on our return. Our room had a view of the bay and they do have rooms with ocean views. They made us feel totally at home.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Went recently with my friends to Capers on Esplanade ( Airlie Beach Hotel) and what a view.. You have to order your meal at the counter so no table service but prices are reasonable.. The area is spacious and some days they do have live entertainment... Enjoyable evening...,

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Great location, great restaurants. Close to the action of Airlie Beach, but far enough away from the backpackers and nightclubs. Shame the hot water service was temperamental.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here prior to our sailing adventure in the Whitsunday Islands. What a great choice! The staff were very cordial. They helped us with airport transfers that were booked by a travel agency in the wrong days (the only part of our trip booked by someone else.) The room was modern and the air con worked very well. There are good restaurants on the property. It is an easy walk to Cold Rock and to the news agent. When
we come back we are staying here!

Reviewed 6 January 2012

From the moment we walked in we we're greated by one of the most enthusiastic energetic friendly host/waitress' in the industry.

My friend began to place an order for an egg white omlette and advised the lady taking our order that she had an allergy to oil and asked the chef if they could make it using no oil. It was at this point before the chef had responded that a young male duty mananger butted in and said it was not possible, The chef inturn stated that he could not do this. We then asked the chef if they could microwave the egg white omlette instead in a bowl to which he refused to do striaight of the bat ( where is the customer service gone!!!!!).

My friend then ordered two poached eggs and wholemeal toast with no butter. When her food came to the table the chef had not read his docket and given her white toast.

I ordered eggs benedict and travelled early that day on the recommendations of the locals, what a dissapointment this was to be. Firstly the hollandaise sauce was split and tasted of nothing more than copius amounts of butter, My eggs were way overcooked and hard as a rock and the spinach had not been washed properly so i had mouthfulls of grit. The muffin on which all of this sat on was drenched in butter to the point i picked it up and squeezed the muffin and around 30ml of butter dripped onto my plate, once again the chef had not read his docket and forgot my side of hashbrowns.

All in all i am outraged that cafes/restaurants still exist where by there is no attempt to please the customers when paying around $20 for breakfast in what is a relatively cheap area to dine.

Furthermore too have a chef that has managed to ruin every element of the dish leads me to wonder if there is a shortage of qualified chefs in the area.

I myself am in Food and Beverage as a manager of a restaurant on a near by Island and if i had it my way this chef would not be working.

On a postive note the lady who served us tried to accomodate us at every stage yet the overall experience was well below par.

1  Thank Joshua M