“Catarman sailing, sunsets and pristine beaches - Wings will take you there”

Wings Diving Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
SV Whitehaven
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Libby C - Wings III was fantastic- such a great lay out vessel with plenty of deck space to relax and nets to to lay in. Also a hot tub to warm up in after in water activiteis - brilliant! Staff were fantastic a special thank you to Kate our trip director for her enthusiam and Olly for feeding us plenty of good food. Wings you are great at what you do and I hope to travel again sometime!

All reviews
"solo traveller"
"year olds"
"beautiful experience"

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had such a great few days on Wings II. It was everythign I'd hoped for. A gret group of people and relaxed atmosphere with plenty good food. Clay, Chris and Laura did a fantastic job - thanks guys.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

it's been already two years....but will never forget the great time i had on a wings diving sailing boat! I had the time of my life in OZ, and the tour with Wings was definitly one of my highlights! i just figured out that they do not have such a great review as they deserve on tripadvisor. so i think i have to share my great experiences.

dont remember exactly but i guess i was on a 3 day tour. first day we got a briefing from our guide richie. then sailed out to a nice snorkelling spot. for some it was the first time snorkelling so they got a bit of introduction. then we arrived at our spot for the night, close to the whitsunday anchor point. dinner was always good, nothing fancy though, as we stayed out in the ocean the whole time ;) the room to sleep was quite small but comfortable. because we stayed close to the whitsundays for the night we could go there quite early in the morning. Walking up an Island to come to a awesome lookout over the beach we then went down for some nice shots on that beautiful beach. and i was so happy to be there so early: by the time we left it was so crowded taht i was difficult to get a pictures without someone else on it! the vrew knew how to Play with the perspective, so we got some funny shots.

for the next days we sailed out to the great barriere reef. as far as i remember the company do own a part of the reef, so we were the only boar around our spot! i did my open water advanced certification on the boat. instructions and dives were always interesting good fun. my friend did some trial dives, as she isnt certified. and thats what almost everyone else did as well. and they enjoyed their first dives a lot too. richie was a good instructor, and he prepared all of them very Patient. he was always concerned everyone is safe and with his sense of humor he broke the ice quickly. so he was trustworthy and even the ones who where a bit afraid of diving could manage to to use the gear under water and experience the beauty of a reef!

after that i travelled to cairns, where i did another dive in the great barriere reef. there the reef was destroyed, brwonish....and i nearly saw more other divers than fish. but the dive sides i've seen with wings were so beautiful, colourful.....

what i love to remember is the first night out on the reef. i went on deck and was thrilled by the all the stars on the dark sky! but then the captain turned off the lights on the boat! o my gosh, what a Flash! with that view of the milky way it was hard to go inside to sleep :)

i deffinitly can recommend wings diving. (already did to a friend ;)

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

When we did our first dive, we stayed underwater for about 20 min, and when we got on the surface we had enough air to dive longer. A regular dive is 60 min; as we dived 1/3 of the time we should of, we just don't want to pay the entire dive. We were surprised that the tanks we used were small ones, that doesn't allowed us to carry on a regular 60 min dives. We consider that the price we had to pay was way too expensive for the size of the tanks and the duration of the dives we had.

We also asked the crew about the dive sites we would see during the trip, and we realised that we wouldn't go to all the sites we could see on the brochure. We booked this trip especially for those sites, so we were desapointed again.

Regarding the dives, we are certified divers, and we are able to go where we want and to manage our dive by ourselves. But Fiona, the Divemaster, told us we had to follow her and she gave us no freedom to see what we wanted to. When we went underwater together, she just swam like she was in a hurry and we couldn't take our time to see the reefs and enjoy our dives. We tried to talk to her about it but she didn't listen us and didn't really care whether we were satisfied or not, she just wanted us to follow her without asking any question. But the most surprising is that at the end of the dives, she told us to go on the surface without doing the 3 min safety stop at 5 m we usually have to do. This is not a professional conduct, they only care about money.

28  Thank Lo789
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had been looking forward to the sail of the Whitsundays after having booked it weeks prior. The weather the first day was the best, some clouded sky, but the sun was shining nonetheless. That night and thereafter the weather was not idyllic (raining), but that is obviously not in anyone's control. The trip would not have been the same without the amazing crew: Captain Tristan, hostie Oli, and dive instructors Clayton and Su. The guys did a great job making everyone comfortable and welcome and were all really funny too. :) I had my first scuba dive ever with Clayton and one other lady from the boat and it was an amazing experience. Clayton was extremely thorough and clear with his instructions and after passing the 3 basic skills test, I knew I wanted to go on a dive. I always felt looked after and guided, never alone or worried. I went on a second dive the next day which was not as wonderful unfortunately, mainly due to the weather. A strong current made for some difficult conditions; however, Tristan was quick to address the issue and I am thoroughly impressed with his standards of customer service. He does not want a single person leaving his boat unhappy for any reason. Highlights include my first dive, taking fun pictures on Whitehaven Beach, and sitting down after dinner as a group and going through pictures from the day. I would highly recommend Wings III and anyone who sets sail with Tristan, Clayton, Oli, and Su should consider themselves lucky. Thanks for a great trip guys!