Stayed for 2 nights in a 3 bedroom penthouse apartment for a hens weekend. The first thing we disliked was the huge climb up the hill we were going to have, but the view was just amazing! although our legs didn't appreciate that!
Secondly the car parking was horrid, but I don't think much can be done differently when you building is on a mountainside. We did manage to get the car in the space provided with about 20 spare on each side!
Then we had to climb the 4 3 story's of stairs to get to our room - no lifts!
The apartment was big and had 4 balconies to overlook the amazing view. There was a 2 person spa on one of the balconies which was nice and warm when we arrived and even though we left on was cold for the rest of our stay.
There was an ensuite from the main bedroom, and the other 2 rooms were down in a sunken area at the other end of apartment and there was a main bathroom dopwn there, although after 2 showers each day we had no hot water left which made 6 of the eight girls miserablle at bath time!
The kitchen was full size and there was a laudry with machine and dryer.
There was a wall mounted tv in the main bedroom and another tv in a cabinet in the loungeroom with a dvds player. There was also a small stereo although after many tries we could not get it to work.
All in all we had a good stay, it was very close to the main drag in Airlie but a 50 degree climb 250 metres wasn't very pleasant. Also it is called the Mediterranean Resort, however, from my experience it was really just apartments with a pool as there were no other facilities and reception was via a paging system and they would come down. We found on arrival that 50% of this complex was residential, so there was a complete noise ban ot you would be asked to leave with no refund!
We took a look at the coral sea Resort whilst in AIrlie and it looked more like a resort, with facilities you would expect from a "resort" unlike the Mediterranean. Will might give them a try next time.
Any questions drop me a line!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mediterranean Resort offers affordable luxury in self contained 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas, honeymoon suites or a choice of 3 or 4 bedroom penthouses.The private balconies and spacious apartments offer unsurpassed views across the Coral Sea and the magnificent Whitsunday Islands.The resort facilities include 2 private saltwater pools both with outstanding views, a spa in which to refresh and all only 300m from the centre of Airlie Beach.The Whitsundays really is the epitome of Paradise, and Mediterranean Resorts is in the heart of it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mediterranean Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Hotel Airlie Beach
- Mediterranean Resort Airlie Beach
- Mediterranean Resorts Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands