The room was a good size with views out to sea however it was plagued with mites. There are plenty of warnings in the room to keep it clean due to bugs but we did keep it very clean and there were still a large number of tiny grey bugs everywhere. I didn't actually complain at the time so in fairness the staff did not get the opportunity to explain and put it right. This was because I guessed this may just be due to the area. However we stayed in other accommodation in Airlie beach too and spoke with other travellers and none of them had the same issues even in in cheaper and lower starred accommodation.
Also the kitchen was dirty and some of the units had clearly not been dusted in a long while.
Whilst the staff were helpful when asked there appeared to be an alarming lack of engagement and proactive help. There is a nice gym and wifi but rather than provide you with this information it seemed you always needed to find out about it and then ask. This wouldn't be so bad if the reception didn't close at 5pm each night and therefore outside of these hours it is a challenge.
in summary - good location, good facilities but dirty and poor service and therefore not good value for money as there is cheaper and cleaner accommodation in Airlie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Perfect Airlie Beach Accommodation Destination! at Boathaven Spa Resort is located just 250 metres from Airlie Beach, and it is less than a 5 minute leisurely stroll to all the restaurants, cafe's, cocktail bars, shops, boutiques, markets and famous Airlie Beach Lagoon. Every room has free wifi, a balcony with views over the Port of Airlie, the Coral Sea or Boathaven Bay. All apartments are air-conditioned, have ceiling fans, full kitchens or kitchenettes and ensuite bathrooms. Some rooms feature romantics spa's on the balcony. The resort offers a large lagoon style swimming pool, complete with tropical waterfall. We offer a sun deck with sun loungers, BBQ area to enjoy with family or friends, complimentary parking, self service laundry facilities, foxtel movies, foxtel sports, free Wi-Fi is available. With the Great Barrier Reef, Whitehaven Beach and Heart Reef on your doorstep, why not book a tour with our tour desk team, we offer great local knowledge, service and we will arrange complimentary pick up and drop off at the resort to maximise your day tour experience. We look forward to welcoming you PLEASE NOTE : For the enjoyment of all guests, Boathaven Spa Resort enforces a strict NO PARTY POLICY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your at Boathaven Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathaven Hotel Airlie Beach
- Boathaven Resort Airlie Beach
- At Boathaven Spa Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands