The Boat Haven Spa resort fell far shy of the description given in brochures & one would wonder whether or not they were talking about the same place. The place was very dated and stuffy and was not very clean at all. There was a very steep driveway leading up to what appeared to be a worn hotel well overdue for some major maintenance. The hand rails required painting and the glass doors and windows leading into the room were dirty and hadn’t been cleaned for sometime with fingermarks and a dirty film over the glass. The general appearance was disappointing; however there was a nice pool out the front. The balcony offered little or no privacy, and the views were looking over some dirty construction site where there were trucks and loud banging going on where this site will continue under construction for the next 4 to 5 years.
When we first arrived we reception tired to tell us we had to pay more, when I had paid in full over the internet, and it was until I objected strongly and advised I could prove through my booking we were fully paid for that the receptionist sheepishly responded with ‘well I’ll look into it’ and made no apology for the sneaky efforts to have us try and pay more. The staff were not friendly and gave a very poor impression and I thought this too was very disappointing.
We were only given one set of keys, and had to ask for more and even though 3 adults had booked in we were only given two sets of keys. Only one set worked to open the security screen door. Once we entered the rooms the place was very dated and old and there were only two towels so I had to go and ask for towels for the third person and for hand towels.
The TV didn’t work until I looked around and had to reconnect the cables to the rear of it, and the bathroom was very dated and it took ages for the hot water to come through. After running the water for about 4 to 5 mins & I thought I was going to have to settle for a cold shower.
The general and overall standard was average to poor and far from what it suggested as a hotel and spa, it fell more into the category of a run down, road side inn, and I have stayed in backpackers with better facilities. The glasses in the cupboards were old and hadn’t been cleaned properly in ages and hygiene was at the most basic to low standards. I felt once I had looked around there were far better choices and at cheaper rates where you could stay and enjoy your visit to Airlie Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Perfect Airlie Beach Accommodation Destination! at Boathaven Spa Resort is located just 250 metres from Airlie Beach, and it is less than a 5 minute leisurely stroll to all the restaurants, cafe's, cocktail bars, shops, boutiques, markets and famous Airlie Beach Lagoon. Every room has free wifi, a balcony with views over the Port of Airlie, the Coral Sea or Boathaven Bay. All apartments are air-conditioned, have ceiling fans, full kitchens or kitchenettes and ensuite bathrooms. Some rooms feature romantics spa's on the balcony. The resort offers a large lagoon style swimming pool, complete with tropical waterfall. We offer a sun deck with sun loungers, BBQ area to enjoy with family or friends, complimentary parking, self service laundry facilities, foxtel movies, foxtel sports, free Wi-Fi is available. With the Great Barrier Reef, Whitehaven Beach and Heart Reef on your doorstep, why not book a tour with our tour desk team, we offer great local knowledge, service and we will arrange complimentary pick up and drop off at the resort to maximise your day tour experience. We look forward to welcoming you PLEASE NOTE : For the enjoyment of all guests, Boathaven Spa Resort enforces a strict NO PARTY POLICY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your at Boathaven Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathaven Hotel Airlie Beach
- Boathaven Resort Airlie Beach
- At Boathaven Spa Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands