Portside Whitsunday
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Airlie Beach Hotel(Airlie Beach)
Very Good 4/5
The Islands Inn Motel(Airlie Beach)
Average 3/5
    Heart Hotel and Gallery Whitsundays(Airlie Beach)
    • Beachfront
    • Pool
    Adventure Island Resort(South Molle Island)
    • Pool
    • Beachfront
    Coral Sea Resort(Airlie Beach)
    Great 4.5/5
    at Marina Shores(Airlie Beach)
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsrooftop jacuzzithe managersthe main streetrum barbedroom apartmentsteep hillheated poolthe penthousewouldn't stay anywhere elseperfect locationpool area is lovelythese apartmentswalking distancewasher and dryergreat apartmenta great stayvisit airlie beach
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 17 July 2014

These apartments are outstanding. We had a 2 bedroom with roof terrace spa and you could not have asked for a nicer or well equipped base in Airlie Beach. The mgmt team are brilliant, so nice helping us out with restaurant recommendations and organising whitsunday tours.
    Location is spot on, straight 3 mins walk into centre of town and the numerous restaurants and bars as well as the local woolworths. Will love to return one day.
    Would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
    1  Thank GMCScotland
    Colleen-16, Manager at Portside Whitsunday, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you! Thrilled you enjoyed your stay at Portside as I know how much you were looking forward to your visit :-). So very sorry I didn't get the opportunity to say Good-Bye. I hope you all enjoyed the remainder of your holiday in Australia and would love to welcome you and your lovely family back to Portside again in the future. Best wishes!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

If you want to be a hop skip and a jump away from the main street of airlie beach (with no hills to climb but still great views) then I would highly recommend this terrific resort. You are literally just a few steps away from all the main restaurants and shops. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with its own private roof top terrace with spa which is really something special (I'd highly recommend one of these apartments). You are slightly more conscious of the road traffic than places higher up on 'the hill' but this is a small price to pay for the vast majority of people for being so close to town for everything. Resort managers couldn't do enough to help me with my trip and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would recommend.

Room Tip: Apart 11 was fab get a private rooftop spa terrace if you can !!!
    • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
    Colleen-16, Manager at Portside Whitsunday, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for your kind review, so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Portside. Yes, it is lovely being so close to the heart of Airlie Beach and I do agree - the rooftop Jacuzzi apartments are wonderful !
    Was lovely meeting you both and I hope we have the pleasure of your company again.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I spent three nights here for our honeymoon and had a fantastic time! The apartment was cosy and comfortable and we splashed out and went for the rooftop spa and BBQ which was perfect. Location is great, just down the road from the main strip, overlooking the beautiful marina. Colleen was very helpful and so welcoming, she recommended some great places to eat and was full of local knowledge. The pool area was quiet and welcoming, great spot to read a book and have a dip.
    We will definitly be back, hopefully for a longer stay!! Oh and there was a surprise bottle of champagne waiting for us upon arrival which we enjoyed in the spa, with the sun shining.

Room Tip: Go for the rooftop spa, beautiful view and perfect for a BBQ lunch
    • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thrilled you enjoyed your Honeymoon with us at Portside and look forward to your return visit :-)

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in 3 bedroom apartment. Well appointed, clean, fabulous views and easy access to Airlie Beach. Colleen & John, the managers went out of their way to ensure we had everything and provided us with all the info we required. Despite Cyclone Ita and a power cut we were well looked after. We would not hesitate in booking to go back again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 3 bedroom apartment on higher level and suited us brilliantly
    • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
    Colleen-16, Manager at Portside Whitsunday, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for your kind review! Was wonderful meeting you, your family and your amasing Mum - what an absolute gem. I was so pleased the weather cleared and you got to see a little of the Whitsundays. We look forward being able to assist you again - less the cyclone :-)

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Spent two weeks here while working in Airlie Beach. Location on a busy road meant sleeping was difficult and not helped by noisy air conditioning and fans that didn't work on low settings. Maybe higher apartments were better??? but the apartment I was given was ground floor and looked out on a pad mounted electricity substation with a small glimpse of Port of Airlie. Security concerns meant none of the doors or window could be left open at night. Better accommodation is available in Airlie at much more reasonable prices. Do yourself a favour and check out the alternatives.

Room Tip: Look for accommodation off Airlie Beach-Shute Harbour Road.
    • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank blue_shellQueensland
    Colleen-16, Manager at Portside Whitsunday, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Sorry you had such a horrific stay at Portside Greg. I did notify your employer (my friend) on the day of your arrival, when you were unhappy with not being higher up in the building- which I did explain to you at the time, was all fully booked. I suggested that she may need to find alterative accommodation, as we do not like having unhappy guests. I was assured by your employer that all was fine.... apparently not! I am also confused as to Portside being "Overpriced" as I know for a fact that the nightly rate paid, was $95.00 per night less than the other 2 quotes obtained by your employer - as we were trying to be nice and help her out. At no point did you inform us of air condition noises or fan issues, we cannot fix problems if we are unaware of them. I am at a loss regarding "Security concerns". We have security patrolling at night and there were no reports of problems. Again, we need to be informed if there are issues.
    In regards to the view and substation in front of your apartment, there are images posted by Sarah Jayne Sheffield (review down page) who stayed in this same apartment recently.