“Right amongst the rainforrest.”

Whitsunday Great Walk
Ranked #18 of 58 things to do in Airlie Beach
Mackay Qld
“Right amongst the rainforrest.”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Great track, well maintained and great scenery. pays to be reasonably fit but take your time.

Visited November 2011

Canberra
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Spectacular”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Most beautiful place, everyone should see this theres no excuse not to.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Zzzzpop
Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Whitsunday Great Walk - awesome from start to finish!”
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I recently walked the 30km 'Great Walk' track through the Conway Ranges. I was a bit hesitant to try walking it under a day as everywhere I read stated, "allow 3 days to complete the walk." Long story short - it took me only 6 hours and I loved every minute of it! I'm 43 years young, not overly fit, but I have a passion for walk ing and have lots of determination. I just hope more pepole take on the challenge of 'The Great Walk' and don't be discouraged by those catalogues. It was one adventure I want everyone to enjoy just as much as I did!
Tina

7 Thank tinalot3
Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The Highlight of the Whitsundays”
Reviewed 23 July 2009

We finished our 10 days at the Whitsundays with a 3 hour snorkel and seaplane adventure with Whitsunday Air. This is the experience of a lifetime.
The seaplane takes off effortlessly from the small Whitsunday Airport 5 minutes north of Airlie Beach. With passengers limited (less than 10) a friendly, professional pilot and blue skies forever (June/July best time of year) it was the perfect day. We flew off to pick up other passengers at neighbouring islands before landing on Hook Reef where we snorkelled for an hour. The coral and fish were amazing, visibility perfect and the champagne when we got back on board the perfect finishing touch.
Flying over Heart Reef and Hook Reef is better than the brochures- an absolute must for the Whitsunday tourist.
We did the Reef Adventure Tour, but there are 5 other options.

4 Thank Fazel
Killingworth, Connecticut
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Kingfisher Circuit”
Reviewed 26 January 2008

We only did a very short loop of the Great Walk -- the Kingfisher circuit from the Brandy Creek side. It was a very pleasant walk in the rain forest, and there was a self-guide brochure at the trailhead which made it especailly fun for my kids.

5 Thank connecticuttraveler6