We really enjoyed Pinnacles Resort! Definitely a 5 star resort however, there is a couple of things they could fix to improve it. First, and most important to us was internet access. They say free wifi but only in the lobby area. Well if you saw the hill you have to climb to get to the lobby every time you need internet access it's CRAZY! They have an internet service (through another company) they say you can purchase for in room but good luck connecting to it. We were there 5 days and never were able to connect. We ended up using the hot spot on our phone. I realize your on holiday and shouldn't need internet access however, we have a business that we need to check in and take care of certain things while away. Second, the jacuzzi was kind of hard to get hot. We had to turn it off and on through out the day to get it hot and it took so long that it was 3 or 4 before you can get in. Lastly, if you don't rent a car you will have a hard time going up and down the hill to get to your room! Yes, you can hire a taxi to bring you back up but it almost seems ridiculous as the shops and restaurants are literally a block from the resort.
The resort is beautiful with amazing views and an amazing infinity pool which was warm (in the winter). It's very clean and the cleaning service every couple of days is great! It's has a fully stocked kitchen so you can make a meal if you want to save money. The staff was very nice and helpful when we asked for help with the jacuzzi.
It was AMAZING but because of these things that are important to our family we would definitely stay else where. If they fixed the internet situation we would definitely stay here!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pinnacles Resort is located 300m from the heart of Airlie Beach and consists of 1, 2 & 3 bedroom self contained apartments all with king bed, balcony, spa & magnificent views of the Coral Sea. Onsite facilities include 20m ozone heated wet edge swimming pool, gym, sauna (infrared & traditional) & a tour desk. Relax in 5 star luxury. Whitsunday Tourism Awards 2016 Winner-self contained accommodation Queensland Tourism Awards 2016 Winner-self contained accommodation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pinnacles Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinnacles Resort And Spa
- Pinnacles Hotel Airlie Beach
- Pinnacles Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands