Stayed in a 2 bed 2 bath apartment on the ground floor. Apartment 4.
The 3 pools and 1 Jacuzzi are pretty and nice for taking pictures, however they are a bit small and if its swimming you are after, its better if you head to the Airlie beach lagoon. The lower pool is heated which is great at night:)
Super comfy beds and pillows (coming from a picky sleeper!)
The restaurant is lovely with great service and good food.
Good location: a short (steep) slope will lead you into the main town.
According to their website: "Water's Edge resort comprises of 49, one, two and three bedroom self contained Apartments all with modern furnishings, Balinese decor and uninterrupted views of the Coral Sea and Whitsunday Islands from your own private balcony." The views were disappointing from our apartment as it was hugely interrupted by the tall trees in front of our balcony. We could only catch a glimpse of the sea through those leaves.
Our en suite bathroom was missing a bottle of body wash. Minor issue, but for resort that claims to be a 4.5 star holiday experience, it shows lack of attention to detail on housekeeping side.
On the last day we wanted to check out at 745am as we were in a rush to have breakfast and return for our shuttle bus which was at 855am. The reception sign clearly stated that reception hours were from 730am - 730pm. However, there was no one at the reception when we went down at 745am and a worker had to help us call for reception. It was almost 8.10am by the time a guy appeared at reception and there was NO apologies with regards to being late hence causing inconvenience to us. NO good morning, NO sorry for the inconvenience.
My friend then used her card to pay for our accommodation and her card was declined as she accidentally keyed in the wrong pin. She wanted to try again as there was absolutely no issues with the card (we tried it again later at the breakfast place), but the receptionist was rude and told her that she cannot try again since it was declined. It was fortunate that we had enough money on another card that we then used to pay.
For a 4.5 star resort, it is appalling that there is not proper luggage room/space that is under proper supervision. Instead, guests are advised to place their luggage under the staircase in the main lobby. Not an issue for us as we did not have anything valuable and little belongings, but it could have posed a problem to travellers who feel uneasy about leaving their belongings in such an open view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If location, tranquillity and comfort are what you are looking for in holiday accommodation, then Water's Edge Resort apartments are for you. Water's Edge Resort apartments in Airlie Beach, are quietly nestled in the hillside amongst lush tropical gardens, 100 metres from the centre of the bustling cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach. Water's Edge is quite simply one of the Whitsunday's premier holiday locations. Holidaying at the beautiful Water's Edge Resort 1, 2 or 3 Bedroom Ocean View apartments allows you the best of both worlds. You are within walking distance to the cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach and all that it has to offer as well as being on the door step of the Whitsunday Islands and the pristine waters of the Great Barrier Reef.....the epitome of paradise. Water's Edge Resort exudes style, sophistication and refinement. Professional and personalised service, breathtaking location, exquisite Balinese decor make Water's Edge Resort the perfect choice for a first class Whitsundays holiday. Airlie Beach is the epitome of a beach town, you'll instantly feel the carefree and relaxed attitude emanating from every space. You'll find it in the Airlie Beach Lagoon, a manmade saltwater swimming area surrounded by sand and grassy knolls, where you can lounge away the day in the sun. You'll find it in the beachside parks where afternoon barbeques proliferate and continue into the evening hours and you'll find it in the alfresco dining restaurants where fresh seafood overflows from every dish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your at Water's Edge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waters Edge Hotel Airlie Beach
- Waters Edge Hotel Whitsundays
- Waters Edge Airlie Beach
- At Water's Edge Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands