I would highly recommend Waters Edge Resort at Airlie Beach. A few minutes after our initial booking, I received a text message and email confirmation of our bookings with offers to ferry us to and from the airport. Also, small extras for later check-outs to co-incide with our flight departures were on offer.
Jeff and Geoff (yes such a co-incidence) were very welcoming. Although we arrived at midday with check-in only at 2 pm. We dropped off our baggage in their holding area in reception and went down to have lunch. 20 minutes later I get a text that our rooms were ready.. (no extra charge).
We hired a couple of towels for their pool area for only $5 each for the entire stay.
The rooms have every amenity including Foxtel with free movies. All apartments have ocean views and wrap around balconies.
The location is also ideal with a small walk to the shops and waterfront (only a street away). However, the climb up the hill was slighly tedious but with consuming heavy meals being on holiday this was a good balance.
We took their shuttle service to the airport and received a running commentary from the sweet old bus driver - loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If location, tranquillity and comfort are what you are looking for in holiday accommodation, then Water's Edge Resort apartments are for you. Water's Edge Resort apartments in Airlie Beach, are quietly nestled in the hillside amongst lush tropical gardens, 100 metres from the centre of the bustling cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach. Water's Edge is quite simply one of the Whitsunday's premier holiday locations. Holidaying at the beautiful Water's Edge Resort 1, 2 or 3 Bedroom Ocean View apartments allows you the best of both worlds. You are within walking distance to the cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach and all that it has to offer as well as being on the door step of the Whitsunday Islands and the pristine waters of the Great Barrier Reef.....the epitome of paradise. Water's Edge Resort exudes style, sophistication and refinement. Professional and personalised service, breathtaking location, exquisite Balinese decor make Water's Edge Resort the perfect choice for a first class Whitsundays holiday. Airlie Beach is the epitome of a beach town, you'll instantly feel the carefree and relaxed attitude emanating from every space. You'll find it in the Airlie Beach Lagoon, a manmade saltwater swimming area surrounded by sand and grassy knolls, where you can lounge away the day in the sun. You'll find it in the beachside parks where afternoon barbeques proliferate and continue into the evening hours and you'll find it in the alfresco dining restaurants where fresh seafood overflows from every dish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your at Water's Edge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waters Edge Hotel Airlie Beach
- Waters Edge Hotel Whitsundays
- Waters Edge Airlie Beach
- At Water's Edge Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands