We stayed in a two bedroom with pool access which was great with the kids using the pool all the time. Room was clean when we arrived for our 8 night stay,plenty of room for us and the two kids (5 & 9yrs). The view was great even from our 1st flr balcony. All the reception staff were friendly and helpful from booking a sailing/snorkelling day to where to eat. Perfect location close to shops and beach and the Lagoon is a must with the kids for a change from the resort pools and it's patrolled by life guards. The only downside was the steep driveway but with the stairs it's do able. The new Woolworths is just across the road very handy just remember you have to get back up the driveway with the shopping. We got the local bus from the ferry to the bottom of the driveway on arrival but they don't pickup from there but we just got a taxi on the way home. The beach is a easy walk kids loved collecting shells. There is plenty of food choice if you want, we also BBQ a few times and sat by the pool with our dinner was very pleasant. The kids loved the Cold rock ice cream just down the road. We had a great relaxing stay defiantly want to visit again and stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If location, tranquillity and comfort are what you are looking for in holiday accommodation, then Water's Edge Resort apartments are for you. Water's Edge Resort apartments in Airlie Beach, are quietly nestled in the hillside amongst lush tropical gardens, 100 metres from the centre of the bustling cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach. Water's Edge is quite simply one of the Whitsunday's premier holiday locations. Holidaying at the beautiful Water's Edge Resort 1, 2 or 3 Bedroom Ocean View apartments allows you the best of both worlds. You are within walking distance to the cosmopolitan village of Airlie Beach and all that it has to offer as well as being on the door step of the Whitsunday Islands and the pristine waters of the Great Barrier Reef.....the epitome of paradise. Water's Edge Resort exudes style, sophistication and refinement. Professional and personalised service, breathtaking location, exquisite Balinese decor make Water's Edge Resort the perfect choice for a first class Whitsundays holiday. Airlie Beach is the epitome of a beach town, you'll instantly feel the carefree and relaxed attitude emanating from every space. You'll find it in the Airlie Beach Lagoon, a manmade saltwater swimming area surrounded by sand and grassy knolls, where you can lounge away the day in the sun. You'll find it in the beachside parks where afternoon barbeques proliferate and continue into the evening hours and you'll find it in the alfresco dining restaurants where fresh seafood overflows from every dish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your at Water's Edge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waters Edge Hotel Airlie Beach
- Waters Edge Hotel Whitsundays
- Waters Edge Airlie Beach
- At Water's Edge Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands