“Will definitely return to Island View B&B”

Island View Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 13 Airlie Beach B&B and Inns
Tannum Sands, Australia
“Will definitely return to Island View B&B”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My first experience of a B&B exceeded my expectations. From the moment I opened the front door and stepped into the beautifully decorated foyer, I knew my 2 day stay would be relaxing-exactly what I needed. My large room provided spaciousness and security and a bed that you could get lost in. I loved laying in bed at night and seeing the stars and then again in the morning with the beautiful sunrise. The sea water pool was just what I needed each night. Steve and Karren were perfect hosts, with Karren even booking my Hamilton Island and Whitehaven day cruise before I arrived. It was all sorted for me. And only a short walk from the main part of Airlie. I will return and have already recommended to my friends. Well done.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Airlie Beach, Australia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Had only booked for one night on a quick airlie trip but have already decided to come back again for longer next time. Karren and Steve run a lovely, clean and comfortable B&B with personalised service and it makes a nice change from staying in the usual resorts and hotels where guests are treated as just another number. Would highly recommend!!

• Stayed September 2013
Fremont, California
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the king suite for several days. Although it rained everyday, Kaaren helped us make the most of our time. She arranged diving to the Whitsundays and the Outer Bank. Suggested a beautiful car drive to a remote resort with the best local seafood lunch and even arranged a place to get my nails done!! Great value with the breakfast included which is brought to the terrace every morning by Kaaren. We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed April 2013
Ancaster, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed for 2 nights on Easter weekend on our road trip up the east coast. Karren and Steve have a beautiful modern home sitting on a hill overlooking the town, ocean bay and islands beyond. The King Suites on the main level are large and clean with ensuites and share a sitting lounge and outside balcony. Great continental breakfast was served on the balcony to enjoy the spectacular views. Karren booked our day trip to the Whitsundays and Whitehaven beach (we visited the reef out of Port Douglas) and was extremely knowledgable, helpful and very personable. It is a short walk downhill to town for restaurants and entertainment and a little more difficult coming back but definitely doable. Great place to stay.

Rick and Ann

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We booked two nights and stayed for three. The hosts were friendly, the room was clean, spacious and well furnished. The pool was refreshing. The breakfast portions were ample and the food was good. Highly recommend this B & B.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2012

A friend and I wanted a weekend off hamilton island where we work and booked this B&B last minute. Such a friendly, relaxing and welcoming environment. Great service and attrntion to detail! Thank you for a wonderful weekend away, we will be back! Melissa and Kirra

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Mmk73
Sydney
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Loved this B&B. Stayed there twice in one week so experienced different rooms. Both were massive, spotless, in very good nick and tastefully decorated (I think the husband of the outfit works in design.... this is a couple with a good eye for what looks nice). I loved that they were "on" the details - little things that make a stay even nicer. For instance, the jug of free chilled water in the fridge; the way breakfast was served with the fruit salad and yoghurt in matching cute little glasses. BTW we swam in the larger than an average pool - very nice. I can see another review saying the owners weren't home when they got there so didn't get a warm welcome. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I figure it is a B&B not a hotel, they can't be there 24 hours a day. And yes it's a steep hill, but it's not a long hill at all. Plus we got a taxi from the marina with our bags and it only cost $8. Agree with other reviews saying the views are gorgeous.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Coral Sea Resort
Coral Sea Resort
#1 of 10 in Airlie Beach
Airlie Waterfront Bed and Breakfast

Been to Island View Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!