“Peaceful”

Ranked #5 of 13 Airlie Beach B&B and Inns
uk
“Peaceful”
Reviewed 30 August 2007

My wife and I stayed here for three nights in the King Suite. Lovely spacious room, beautiful view, helpful owners and the breakfast was excellent. The price of our stay included a trip out to the reef which was wonderful. The only niggle was the walk back up the hill after dinner in Airlie Beach! Recommended.

Stayed August 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Canberra
Reviewed 21 July 2007

I highly recommend this Bed & Breakfast for anyone who wants to stay away from the seedy bustle of Airlie Beach's main drag. It's a warm and exclusive place (only 3 suites all up I think?) and a wonderful place to come back to after a day trip out (which the hosts can help book).

I was quite impressed with how the hosts organised things around us, not the other way around. For example, we gave an indication of 9am for breakfast, but then we booked an early snorkelling trip last minute and they were happy to make breakfast for us two hours early.

I stayed in the King suite which was clean, spacious and had a great view (see photo). The King bed was better quality than that of Daydream Island's which I stayed after I left Island View.

Unfortunately it was a little too cold for me to swim in the pool (stayed here in Winter), but it was kept clean and you could swim if you wanted to. Had it been summer I could have imagined myself lazing by the pool all day!

If I ever go back to Airlie Beach, I'll definately stay at Island View Bed & Breakfast again. Terrific value!

• Liked — Friendly vibe and location.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2007

this b&b is one of the best we have stayed in.the location is good the views from the balcony fantastic,the place is very clean,and the food is a very healthy mix of fruit and fibre.the host are helpfull,only 1 complaint,they should have a telescope on the balcony for the guest to use,

• Liked — every thing
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank manukmanc
Bochum, Germany
Reviewed 9 November 2006

The Island View B&B ís a very nice accomodation in a beautiful setting. The hosts are very friendly and caring. The room we had was not too big but very clean with a nice and modern bath.

• Liked — The Hospiitality
  • Disliked — ./.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lugri
UK
Reviewed 22 February 2006

My wife and I are middleaged Poms and have visited Australia on a number of occasions. We have never posted a review of any previous accommodation but ISLAND VIEW B&B AT AIRLIE BEACH is the perfect location with truly exceptional hospitality and comfort. Designed and built by the owners to an extremely high specification this modern air conditioned luxury B&B offers a magnificent 10 meter pool, breathtaking views, superb breakfast and a really warm welcome. If you need more information we shall be pleased to answer further questions brionycolin@btinternet.com.

7 Thank COLINBRIONY