“Pity such a beautiful setting left such a sour taste in my mouth!”

Whitsunday Organic B&B
Ranked #9 of 13 Airlie Beach B&B and Inns
London, England
“Pity such a beautiful setting left such a sour taste in my mouth!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2006

We spent a lovely week in Airlie Beach before transferring to the Organic Bed & Breakfast for our last night in Airlie. Granted, before arriving I did actually ask them whether or not we could cancel our room, only because the party we were travelling with had actually booked the last night on Hamilton Island (being foreign ourselves, I did not realise that the Organic B&B was actually not in Hamilton Island - stupid of me I know)! Anyway, I was given quite a bit of lip service by the owner for even considering a cancellation at that late stage, so we just agreed to go ahead as normal. I found this a bit odd seeing that as the guest, (who had paid upfront, that it was really my choice as to whether or not I would be willing to accept the forfeit of losing my payment in full). As it turned out, I decided to stay. Adding to this, I originally booked a family room for 3 people, but then changed it to a room for 2 people (did this 3 weeks before our date of arrival) and the owner agreed to refund me the difference once I arrived. When we checked in, the owner was not around and the lady at reception said that I could get the refund once she had spoken to the him.

So, my holiday in Oz came and went, and in early January I pursued my refund request. To date I have still not been given a refund. Copied below is an extract of the email I received this morning from the Organic B&B (received in a reply where I followed up once again on my refund):

Quote:

" I have personally spoken with John and he tells me even before you arrived you changed your accommodation and dinner bookings (he kindly arranged) a number
of times and even tried to cancel completely.

Last year we turned away 1000 people in advance for bookings over the Christmas period.

Apparently we collected more correspondence from you for your 1 night booking before you arrived than any other guest we have ever had in years.

Because of this we have now changed our policy for everyone...! "

I am absolutely appalled at their insinuations of what an inconvenience I have been to them as a guest. All this because of a refund and some assistance in changing my bookings??

Be warned that their website says "We can change any package to suit your requirements and itinerary just ask, we are here to help."

Clearly, they have an issue with helping people AND with itinerary changes, so don't be mislead. Oh, and lets not forget the issue of getting your money back...I won't even go on about that one.

Overall, lovely views, tranquil setting, scrumptuous breakfast (which I can't fault). It's just a pity that the owner and fellow employees have such an unprofessional and unhelpful attitude. The sweetest of memories has now left me with a very unpleasant taste . How rude of them!!!!

• Liked — The natural surrounds (birds, gecko's). The amazing organic breakfast.
  • Disliked — The poor attitude of the staff and owner.
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure you never have to be refunded!
  • Stayed December 2005, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank Foxx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)