airlie beach is a council's dilemna---who are they marketing to ---the international backpacker--the schoolie the cashed up miners. -the cruise folk--the yacht folk--familes--or like me middle age clinging to youth--to young to be geriatic--to old to be involved with the wet t shirt contest at the local bar. we had no idea that we would encounter a pattaya like mainstreet music blaring and offers of free drinks and sausages to lure a dwindling crowd in....we arrived with fear at sea star apartments thinking the noise of the street level would come up the hill to our "haven" Julie (perfect hostess) assured us it was the most quiet property around without vacating to shute harbour....with a sceptical look we settled in and she was right...we enjoyed our 10 days and even though we had to dodge the trucks trying to get the mainstreet done after 19 months of excavations (again who will attracted to airlie beach in 5 years time) we found the sea star apartments to be quiet and the view was outstanding. We had a 3 bedroom and we thouroughly enjoyed the space. (only comment lacking cleaning equipment for the counters and glass table. oven mit would have been handy ) Groceries were easily found in cannovale---and the street scene of airlie beach grew on us...and no we did not do the bar scene--but i did do the first Airlie beach run and it was fantastic--along the boardwalk....alan and Julie were very nice and helpful at all times......we would definetly go back....hope they get the mainstreet done---as the long suffering store people really do need the business.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Views Views and more Views! Sea Star Apartments is conveniently located in Airlie Beach enjoying breathtaking island and ocean views from every terraced apartment! Come and enjoy yourself in one of our self contained apartments all with covered large balconies, spacious living area and dining area, full kitchens, laundries and uninterrupted views of the Coral Sea, Hayman Island and Hook Island yet nestled close to Airlie Beach Village. Did we mention the views? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Sea Star Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Star Apartments Hotel Airlie Beach
- Sea Star Apartments Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands