We stayed in a poolside apartment for $115 pn which was really cheap esp in holiday season. The apartment was way bigger that what we expected. The living area was very spacious and the rooms of decent size although the bed was very small. More of a double bed than queen. Our apartment had a deck with a big table and chairs and a great view of the harbor. Staff were very friendly and helpful. In fact the only staff we saw during our two night stay was the owner.
Airlie Apartments is a short walk from the small downtown of Airlie beach but it's up the hill and you should climb the hill every time you want to go back to the hotel. The rooms and the living area and kitchen were clean. However some of the appliances including the fridge were old and rusty. The dishes were not very clean either. Make sure you wash everything before using it. A dirty brush full of hair was hung next to the fridge which was really gross. There are no room services (unless you stay more than a week) and the thing that I really disliked about this place was that it's written everywhere that if you don't clean the apartment before leaving and leave it "in an unsatisfactory manner" $30-$50 dollars would be charged to your credit card!! Since we really didn't know how clean was "satisfactory" we spent an hour washing sweeping and cleaning which was really annoying.
There are two Weber barbecues beside the pool. They weren't very clean the first time we used it and had to spend some time cleaning it before we could use it but the day after the owner cleaned it while she was cleaning the pool. The other thing was that the sound of footsteps from the apartment upstairs was very loud and sometimes annoying. Actually the owner warned us about it on arrival!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Why book with Airlie Apartments? ** Great Friendly Service - we will look after you! Book direct for accommodation discounts! Book your tours at our reception or via our online tour business Airlie Beach Online. Courtesy transfers from the tour operators for all tour bookings! Our hilltop position overlooks the Coral Sea with magnificent views over Pioneer Bay, Abell Point Marina and the spectacular Whitsunday Islands. We are situated a small walk (300 metres) - a taxi is $5.00 - $10.00 From Airlie Beach depending on day/night/weekend. Salt water swimming pool and a smaller toddler pool is the perfect location to unwind and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Coral Sea. Pool and barbecue facilities, outdoor settings and sun lounges for the perfect restful break away from home. Games room for the little kids! Laundry facilities with washing machines, clothes driers and clothes line are also onsite for your convenience. Onsite management. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Airlie Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Airlie Apartments Hotel Airlie Beach
- Airlie Apartments Beach
- Airlie Apartments Hotel Beach
- Airlie Apartments Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands