“Great place, wonderful staff, stunning views.”
Review of Airlie Apartments

Melbourne, Australia
“Great place, wonderful staff, stunning views.”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights and were very happy with everything. We found Airlie Apartments very reasonably priced and nicely fitted out. Close to the main centre and in a quiet neighbourhood compared to the party atmosphere of the main centre. Kathy (manager) was very helpful and had great suggestions for outings, buses and places to eat, etc. Only criticism is that the soundproofing is not great if you are in a ground floor apartment; you can hear noise and people walking around upstairs. However, managers are aware of the problem and make sure the effect is minimised. Views are incredible ... but come with a downside; the steep hill climb to reach Airlie Apartments. However, if I can manage the climb, 95% will also.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Airlie-Apts, Manager at Airlie Apartments, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Your review is very true and the hill, is achievable for most. I have had quiet a few 80 yr+ guests staying recently and they have all walked the hill. Airlie Crescent now has stairs for that access and is not as steep as Begley St. Think of it as your exercise without paying for a gym, whilst on holidays. I walk it and don't like to think it will beat me! After the exercise, you can sit down relax and indulge in the naughty treats we all like to spoil ourselves with.

PS. I will be on holidays myself during Sept, so my lovely staff will look after you whilst I take a break and enjoy travelling. I hope to brush up on my skills so I understand from a guests perspective a little more of the good and frustrating parts of travelling. See you when I get back.

Airlie Apartments

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Just outside the centre of Airlie Beach (which for all it's being geared to 18-25 year-olds wanted somewhere exotic to get drunk en masse, has a few useful shops and the lovely lagoon outdoor swimming pool), Airlie Apartments is a really convenient and quiet place to stay if you are wanting to visit (but not stay on) the Whitsunday Islands or other nearby places of interest. Cathy the manager is very friendly and helpful, and very knowledgeable about local attractions and tours etc. The apartments (we had a 1st floor 2-bedroom "garden view" unit - which actually had a bit of a sea view as well) are very clean and well-equipped (although a bit thin on kitchen equipment, as is often the case). The apartments have a policy of keeping noise to a minimum, especially after 10 p.m., and this ensured good sleeping for everyone. The short distance from the town centre (a 5-minute walk, but up a very steep hill) also helped in this respect. There is a small pool (unheated, so chilly on our visit in the Australian winter), but with the lovely lagoon pool so close you probably wouldn't miss this if it wasn't there. There are communal laundry facilities and a small games room, but the apartments are so spacious that we didn't really use the latter. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you, for taking the time to write a lovely review on Airlie Apartments & Airlie Beach. It is a great place to live and work and we are very lucky to have you visit.
Airlie Beach welcomes everyone and hope you enjoy our community. The main street has recently been upgraded and is looking fantastic. The local government & community are looking at ways to improve the appeal to all travellers. Most backpacker hostels are located in the town, as well other types of accommodation nearby.

For peace and quiet, Airlie Apartments is a short 5 minute walk to the town for our guests to enjoy the lagoon, shopping, restaurants & markets (Saturday and/or when a cruise ship is in). We can advise of lovely areas to visit if you have a car and wish to go for a drive.

Cheers
Airlie Beach
Mooloolaba, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Whether you need one night or more, then the professionally run apartments at Airlie Apartments is where any corporate traveller would want to stay. The option of second or third bedrooms for extra work colleagues is great. Simply fly into Proserpine, (rather than Mackay), and then short trip into Airlie Beach, for work needs in the NQ areas from Bowen, Cannonvale, Proserpine and towns south to Mackay. Apartments are spacious, and allow for a comfortable stay whilst on business.
Need to return for family holidays, then a must stay option, as larger apartments having full amenities, large open decks, with views to harbour and ocean, and only several minutes walk into Airlie Beach main street, and quick drive to Shute Harbour for connections to the islands and activities in the Whitsundays. A central place to stay, and most tourist attractions and activities within an hours drive or boat trip.

Room Tip: Want to wake up early (or late) or spend an evening with a great view, the luxury apartments are a m...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Our corporate guests are looking for a comfortable spacious apartment to rest after a long day on the road visiting their clients. We offer a 'complimentary' continental breakfast to our corporate guest's so they can get on the road early after their overnight rest.
We are lucky we are in a quiet location for you to rest up and feel you are not too far away from home. Thank you and I hope you enjoy the views. Hope to see you again soon as you travel our beautiful country.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I felt comfortable from the very beginning when I met Cathy on check in. My apartment was spacious, clean and had all the equipment necessary in the kitchen for a single fellow. The advice Cathy gave in regards to day trips/tours was excellent. My two trips were outstanding thanks to her and tour guides. I will return again soon I am sure. Love spending winter in nice warm weather. I may even leave New South Wales and move up to the Whit Sundays.

Thanks Cathy

Mark

Room Tip: i have no complaints and I was near the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark C
Airlie-Apts, Manager at Airlie Apartments, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Well, we must have put on the beautiful weather to have you thinking about moving to Airlie Beach! It is a lovely place to live with a relaxed lifestyle and good weather. Thank you for the review on Airlie Apartments and it was good to see you socialising with other guests around the pool side apartments. They are spacious and great for those who like to mingling if you are on your own. You have your own patio that you can relax on, looking over the pool and out to the water and and say 'hullo' to those passing by.
We look forward to welcoming you when you next visit or say 'hullo' if you move to our beautiful part of the world.
New Zealand
Reviewed 31 July 2013

lovely to spend a relaxing day before a 6 hour drive.Comfy nice big bed and spacious apartment handy to airlie Beach,foodies and views to die for.Nice and roomy too.Loved the white cockatoos who seemed to turn up in the afternoon.Quite entertaining and they are so sure of themselves

Room Tip: we liked No 6 as handy to carpark and easy to takje your bag.It is above another unit though which e...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Airlie-Apts, Manager at Airlie Apartments, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
The superior ocean view apartments (2 only) are our show piece of Airlie Apartments and everyone loves them. Comfortable king beds, great views, our other apartments are also comfortable and spacious if you are on a budget. Those naughty cockatoos love the guests and hope that someone will feel sorry for them and feed them. We ask our guests not to feed them if they can resist their beautiful faces!
Enjoy your journey by road and hope to see you at Airlie Apartments next time you travel our way.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We have just left after a 3 night stay. The apartment was lovely and spacious and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The kitchen was well equipped so we were able to cook every meal. There is also conplimetary tea, coffee and milk! Cathy was really helpful with all of our tours and also provided advice for the rest of our stay in Australia. After a bad snorkelling experience in Cairns she advised us on which tour to book and we had a very successful snorkel which has become the best day of the trip so far.
There is a swimming pool in the grounds of the apartments and Cathy also has a snorkel kit which she will lend you if you want to practise!
Having got sick of overnight journeys Cathy also advised us in further travel and helped us book an internal flight to avoid another long journey. Cathy went out of her way to save us money where she could and was a very friendly host, her honest opinions and advice of tours, local roadworks etc helped us greatly!! Thanks so much Cathy and we hope you enjoy your well deserved holiday!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Airlie-Apts, Manager at Airlie Apartments, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
It was a pleasure to have you and there is nothing better than to see a guest's excited face when they have returned from a day tour and enjoyed snorkelling. It is not an easy task if you are not a good swimmer or have not tried it before. I have plenty of ideas and it is in my nature to help everyone. Most guests enjoy the assistance I offer and I understand others want to do their own planning.
It is a long way to travel by overnight bus or train and sometimes the flights are just as cheap and you don't necessarily miss out on a lot. If you are unsure on what to do then send me a email and I am happy to assist. We built our own tour website so that our guests could look at all the tours available in the Whitsundays. You can peruse the website and then email your choice for us to book. Remember, FREE Wi Fi with all tour bookings.
I hope you had a lovely time in Brisbane and at Steve Irwin Zoo. Best wishes for NZ and your onward travels!
Thanks for the review.
Airlie Apartments

Note to Guests: I will be on holiday's myself throughout September so if I don't get to personally meet you, my staff will take good care of you I hope you enjoy your stay at Airlie Apartments.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed at Airlie Apartments with my husband on the weekend just past, and from the moment we arrived Cathy made us feel extremely welcome after travelling from Mackay on a work visit. We arrived late yet Cathy was very friendly and professional, providing balanced suggestions for tour bookings and local eateries. We received a complementary upgrade, and the apartment (top floor) had magical views over the marina to the whitsundays. Overall, the accommodation represented excellent value for money - spacious, well appointed & with amazing views. I was extremely sick with a fever & the flu, & Cathy was kind enough to allow a late checkout so that I could rest before travelling home. Being unwell, this kindness ensured that I could rest properly & it was much appreciated. We will certainly be staying at Airlie Apartments on our next visit & can highly recommend it to others, having rarely experienced such genuine thoughtfulness & outstanding customer service while travelling. Thank you.

Room Tip: Top floor for best views.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Airlie-Apts, Manager at Airlie Apartments, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
You had a lovely weekend planned and unfortunately became ill by Saturday morning. I know I would like someone to assist me if I was unwell and travelling, which I will be very soon and customer service is very important. Where possible, if I can offer a late check out or early check in, assist with a complimentary transfer to the shops or from the bus terminal, then I will always try to do our best.
I hope you are starting to feel better and we look forward to welcoming you back to Airlie Apartments, Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays when you are next travelling. You can pick up from where you left off and we can make it a memorable time.