“A nice stay....”
Review of Airlie Apartments

Airlie Apartments
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Spent 3 days, 2 nights in Airlie Beach prior to heading over to the Whitsundays. Upon checking in we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a Sea View room.

Apartments themselves are extremely clean and very spacious with all the relevant amenities in place with Air-conditioning throughout. Ours had a separate bedroom with a nice amount of storage space, and a large open plan kitchen and dining area along with a large Balcony area for watching the sun set.

Location wise, the apartments are a nice 5 minute stroll from Airlie Beach centre, and a cheap taxi ride to the marina if you're heading somewhere via the water. The host, Cathy, was extremely welcoming and made sure we had an enjoyable stay.

Should we ever return to Airlie, we'd have no qualms in booking in again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dantheman79

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Would definitely recommend these apartments. I had a lovely stay there. Cathy the manager was incredibly helpful and lovely. The apartment was large, spacious and most importantly clean. We liked it so much we stayed there twice! It is close to the town centre and handy for the lagoon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had a lovely stay at Airlie Apartments. The rooms are clean and spacious and the bed is the most comfortable I've ever slept in. I had a great view from my apartment and the pool is great to swim in. Cathy at hotel reception is very hospitable and went above and beyond to make it a pleasant stay for me. Tours were booked for me in advance at my request which made things easier for me upon my arrival. For such a great price, I'd thoroughly recommend staying at Airlie Apartments.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Cathy was extremely helpful in assisting us with our day trip plans before and during our stay. The amenities are excellent, large, clean, up to date, beautiful views, easy access to the promenade and boardwalk. Large pool area, BBQ areas and private deck overlooking the pool and harbour. We will be back and will recommend the apartments to friends and fellow travellers.
thanks again!

Room Tip: Ask for a view room, although I am certain they all have some kind of view, but book early! Popular...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at Airlie Apartments for 3 nights including one night which was previously unscheduled. Prior contact with the apartments was great and they booked a trip to the Whitehavens for us the day before we arrived (at our request).

The facilities were great with a pool/s which our teenage boys loved and excellent seating and barbecue facilities beside the pool. The apartment was very clean with a well stocked kitchen with tea, coffee and some condiments provided. The apartment did have air conditioning although the one in the main bedroom was very noisy at night but that wasn't really an issue.

The Manager, Cathy, was really helpful and had lots of suggestions for things we could do. We even ended up changing our travelling plans with her help so we had a lot less time in the car and more time enjoying ourselves.

I would definitely recommend Airlie Apartments, it is somewhere we would consider staying again if we were in the area. It is on a steep hill which is pretty exhausting in the high heat of mid summer so we ended up taking our car into the town most of the time which wasn't an issue as parking is easily found.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cate D
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Cathy and Jill went out of their way to fit us in during a busy period and even found room on booked up trips for us, i cannot recommend this place enough. Clean, tidy, spacious, good value for money.
The only bad thing was the hill but we weren't too bothered walking up it!!

Room Tip: sea view rooms are great value for money!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2014

At this reasonable price during the peak season, I wasn't expecting such a clean apartment in an excellent location. I booked a 1 bedroom garden view apt with 1 additional bed. To my surprise I got 2 separate bedrooms when I arrived. Good size bedrooms and living room with Daikin air conditioner. Everything was provided, such as kitchen appliances, cookwares, oil, salt and pepper. All I had to do, was going to the supermarket to buy veggies and meat. The lady at the reception was very informative and gave us very good advices. Local transfers including day tour coach buses stop in front of the apartment. Only minutes to walk to the busy shopping strip and the lagoon. I would recommend it to all my friends and family. Definitely will come back by myself in a couple of years.

Room Tip: Book early!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Airlie-Apts, Manager at Airlie Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

It is the little things that we like to do for our guests to make their stay more homely! We leave the salt, pepper and oil in the cupboard for your use. Sometimes there are salad dressings and tomato sauce left in fridge as well. If you wish to use them, then we are happy to leave them for your arrival. We understand it is not for everyone but it just saves money on the little things that you only need to use a few times.
Easter, Christmas and New year is always booked out in advance so book early as you suggest to avoid missing out on your holiday. You can choose to pay off your holiday in monthly instalments if you need to organise your budget.
We look forward to welcoming you again when you next visit Airlie Beach.
Happy 2014!