We chose this hotel because of the excellent reviews on tripadvsior and were expecting great things, especially because of the price (approx AU$170 per night) and we decided to have one night in a lovely hotel before a sailing trip - We booked through rooms to go and checked in with a lovely guy who turned out to own the place. W were a little early due to our flight but he said that would be no problem, but that he was waiting for the aircon people to arrive to service the a/c in our room. However when we went into our room (decent size) there was a terrible smell in the room, which smelt foul, strongly musty and damp. I spoke to the manager and he explained that unfortunately there were no other rooms and that the service should fix the problem, and that we could open the doors and windows to air the room. There was no way I was about to pay this price for this standard of room. I had a quick look aroubnd the room (which was not particulary clean - dust on surfaces and bits on floor, toilet not clean) and the pool area (which was also not clean and covered in stuff) and we felt that the plastic shower enclosure, rusty bathroom unit legs and cheap looking fittings did not warrant the money. We spoke again to the manager (who was very understanding and even found us alternative accomodation) and he cancelled our booking. I understand that our experience was marred by the smell in the room but i feel that the whole place is overpriced. Also a letter was missing from the front logo of the hotel. Maybe that should have given me a clue..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- at Waterfront Whitsunday Retreat sets new standards of luxury award winning couples only boutique accommodation in the Whitsundays. Adjoining Airlie Beach and nestled on Pioneer bay which features pristine turquoise waters surrounded by breathtaking rainforest, guests can expect a high level of privacy coupled with exceptional unobtrusive personalised service. The luxury retreat comprises an exclusive collection of just five, one bedroom balcony spa suites and an incredible top floor Jacuzzi penthouse, with views over Port of Airlie and the Coral Sea. The luxury spa suites feature contemporary inspired interior furnishings that exude style and tropical ambience, natural timber louvers, spacious balcony with corner spa, Brand new king size beds, gourmet galley kitchen and pebbled ensuite bathrooms. The penthouse features a unique four posted king bed, the master bathroom featuring a double person rain shower, generous powder room complete with private balcony overlooking lush rainforest, a gourmet kitchen, black marble bar complete with wine fridge and stainless steel fixtures. Externally the penthouse enjoys an expansive balcony complete with six person Jacuzzi. Redefining intimate levels of service suites are serviced daily whilst the retreat boasts a private sun deck, deep water horizon pool, guest BBQ, lush tropical gardens, a-la-carte in room massage, facial and beauty treatments, unlimited FREE wireless internet, tour booking desk, great barrier reef touring, concierge and personalised limousine transfers. Exuding luxury, romance and tropical ambiance, at Waterfront Whitsunday Retreat offers the travel connoisseur a perfect blend of relaxation, intimacy and personalised service for an unparalleled couples only retreat experience. PLEASE NOTE : For the enjoyment of all guests, Waterfront Whitsunday Retreat 18+ enforces a strict NO NOISE NO PARTY POLICY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your at Waterfront Whitsunday Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Whitsunday Retreat Airlie Beach
- Waterfront Whitsunday Retreat Hotel
- At Waterfront Whitsunday Retreat Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands