My husband and I love Peppers and have stayed at several across Australia and have never been disappointed, until now. If you love Peppers and are choosing this hotel based on past Peppers' experiences, I'd do a bit more research and make an informed choice. It's not what you would expect.
So - the good stuff first:
Large room, great views, Tides restaurant is excellent, one of the best we've been to of late, the reception and pool area are lovely. The staff are friendly and the restaurant staff exceptional.
The not so good:
The water pressure is terrible, no lovely showers here and the spa bath is sooooo huge it would take ages to fill it and I just hate wasting that much water. It's a 6 seater in a 1 bedder, makes no sense.
The bed was two king singles stuck together, was very hard and the doona didn't have a cover on it, it was just sandwiched between 2 sheets which was very odd.
The cleaning and maintenance isn't great - our couch was filthy, as was the rug and the outside table had food stuck under the glass, our dryer didn't work and the bin had been snapped off the door. The room was generally just a bit grotty. Someone vomited outside the lift (obviously not the hotel's fault!) but instead of cleaning it properly it had just been hosed under the stairs and was still visible, yuk!
The pool area is stunning but tiny for such a huge hotel. There were tiles missing in the spa and the seat cushions on the few seats available had holes and/or were stained.
It's not within easy walking distance of town. The walk down isn't too bad if you've got decent knees but the walk back in tropical heat is too much (we are pretty fit but no match for the hill!) The hotel offers a shuttle but its only every 2 hours and finishes at 7pm. If you stay here, get a hire car or be prepared to get a taxi.
I can honestly say that this is the only Peppers I am not keen to revisit. That said, it was be good for a family holiday as there are 3 bedroom apartments but if you are looking to have a true 5 star hotel experience, give this one a miss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the hill top overlooking the majestic Whitsunday Passage, Peppers Airlie Beach, offers stylish and elegant accommodation in the heart of Airlie Beach. At the resort you are perfectly positioned to experience the wonders of the spectacular Whitsunday islands and the vibrant seaside village of Airlie Beach. Accommodation includes beautifully appointed One, Two and Three Bedroom Spa Apartments, all with majestic views of the Whitsunday passage and wide breezy verandas maximising the tropical lifestyle experience. All apartments feature bathrobes, free WiFi, clothes dryer, daily room service, direct dial telephone, flat screen TV with cable, in-house movies, hair dryer, in-room safe, in-room pay for view movie system, mini bar, air conditioning, spa bath, self contained kitchen including cook top, oven, tea/coffee making facilities, fridge, freezer, microwave and dishwasher. They also feature separate lounge and dining area, iPod docking station, washing machine, ironing facilities and One Bedroom Apartments offer disabled facilities. The resort offers a multitude of leisure options including the culinary delights of the exceptional Tides Restaurant & Bar, pure pampering and relaxation at the onsite endota spa or you can revive by the stunning wet-edge resort pool. Tours leave daily from Airlie Beach and offer an array of things to do including sailing, day trips to the Great Barrier Reef, scenic flights over Whitehaven Beach, skydiving, scuba diving, snorkelling and crocodile safaris. In the town of Airlie Beach you will discover a selection of shops and boutiques intertwined amongst a variety of dining and entertainment venues. The Whitsunday's protected waterways, myriad of islands and Great Barrier Reef are all at your fingertips when holidaying at Peppers Airlie Beach. From 1 Feb until 31 April reception hours are Sun-Thur 7am to 7pm, Fri & Sat 7am to 9pm. For the rest of the year reception will be open 7am to 11pm daily. If you expect to arrive outside reception opening hours, please inform the property 1 day in advance, using the contact details found on the booking confirmation. Please note: Peppers Airlie Beach does not accept AMEX. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Airlie Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Coral Coast Hotel Airlie Beach
- Peppers Airlie Beach Whitsunday Islands