Peppers is in a lovely elevated location above airlie beach. However the road up the the resort is very steep and shuttle buses will drop you at the bottom of the hill. We had a car so it wasn't too much of an issue for us, but for some of our friends they found it a little annoying. Peppers do provide a shuttle service during certain hours up and down the hill.
The apartment was spacious and lovely, with a huge spa in the middle of the bathroom. Can't fault the rooms at all. Free parking is available generally close to your room.
Unfortunately, our biggest issue with peppers (other than the hills) was that the reception is adjoined to the "bar" and it really didn't feel like it had any character. Just some bar stools next to reception. The restaurant was also right next to the pool which felt a little crowded. And all this is along the main driveway into the resort. Lovely views, but it didn't feel private or inviting.
Staff were amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Airlie Beach accommodation includes One, Two and Three Bedroom Spa Apartments, all with views of the Whitsunday passage from verandas. One Bedroom Apartments offer disabled facilities. The resort offers leisure options including the culinary delights of Tides Restaurant & Bar or revive by the stunning wet-edge resort pool. Tours leave daily from Airlie Beach and offer an array of day trips to the Great Barrier Reef, Whitehaven Beach, scuba diving, snorkelling and crocodile safaris. Maintenance Notice: Due to damage resulting from Cyclone Debbie, Peppers Airlie Beach is conducting internal repair works with limited noise disruptions to guests. From July to 30 December 2017 roof repair works will begin resulting in external noise and accommodation blocks with scaffolding in place will be closed while completed. Please note the property will be closed 13 - 30 November 2017 due to repair works. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please note: Amex is not accepted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Peppers Airlie Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Coral Coast Hotel Airlie Beach
- Peppers Airlie Beach Whitsunday Islands