“Great place to stay”

Peppers Airlie Beach
Townsville, Australia
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Beautiful apartment with great sea views and large balcony. We chose to eat dinner here as it was raining, and were pleasantly surprised. The Tassie beef was possibly the best steak we have ever eaten. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Note that not all of the building have lift access to rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jodi S, General Manager at Peppers Airlie Beach, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Suehols,

Thank you for reviewing our resort! Your comments regarding the steak have been passed on to the Head Chef to be shared with his team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Jodi Shambrook

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Beautiful quiet location away from the noise of the main street, however still within walking distance. Lovely view over mountains and marina, spacious stylish rooms, good amenities. Enjoyed having the cockatoos visit the balcony every afternoon.

Dear Katebjt,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and would have to agree, this time of year is a beautiful time to be in the Whitsundays!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

North Mackay, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Not much to report; you know. It's another Peppers hotel...steady Eddie; provides good quality service. Good location and arial vantage point as the hotel is situated above sea level. Good restaurant. We went there upon arrival the first night.

Did a Jet Ski tour the following day with Whitsunday Jet Ski Tours (highly recommended) which the hotel helped organize.

All in all, Peppers Airlie Beach is a solid choice if trying to decide where to stay if wanting a holiday trip to AB.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mamoor3,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort! We are so glad you enjoyed both your accommodation and Tides restaurant. Your lovely comments have been passed on to the staff.

We look forward to seeing you both again soon,

Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I did not want to go home! What a beautiful place to visit. I would happily spend every holiday here. The whole ambiance of the resort was wonderful. Very relaxed, wonderful wonderful staff, every detail attended to. Food was outstanding, really really lovely. The whole thing. What can I say!?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1ofthzoo
Dear 1ofthzoo,

Wow! Thank you for your outstanding review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and certainly look forward to welcoming you both back again soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

From the moment we checked in the service was outstanding. The check in service was excellent and they made sure that our special requirements were met. Our room was amazing, spotless,beautifully decorated, so much room and a fabulous view. The restaurant serves excellent food and the waitresses are outstanding. They also offer a discount if you book in for the restaurant early. We were staying 2 days but not consecutively and we were able to leave luggage in storage which was already marked with our new room number on it when we returned. The wifi is free and works well. In our apartment we had a washing machine and dryer and there was even washing powder supplied. Cannot recommend too highly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear gazza53255060,

Wow! Thank you so very much for your kind words, your review has been passed on to the department heads to be shared with their teams.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at peppers airlie beach. We had a small hiccup at the beginning of our stay regarding cancelling housekeeping however this was well handled by the establishment after we complained. No everything can be smooth sailing however I think the way establishment s handle feedback and rectify it means a lot. The staff were lovely and professional and the rooms are perfect with gorgeous mountain and ocean views. The in room spa is a perfect end to eventful days of island hopping. Could not have asked for a better holiday.

Dear emsy501,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort, we are so glad you enjoyed yourselves over the Easter back and hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

While booking in the receptionist stated to the person before us that they would be receiving a bed & breakfast deal with the economy pack that did not include housekeeping, however had a fantastic view. When I went to check in I asked if we also had the same great view with a bit of fun. She then stated she just said that to keep him happy as he was grumpy! I remember thinking I'm glad I had paid for housekeeping (at $360 a night for 2 people). Our room was clean however did have an obstructed view - when booking I was assured that this would not be the case. I didn't ask for a change as they seemed busy and our room was nice. We ate at the restaurant that night - entree of oysters Kirkpatrick was awful. Covered in BBQ sauce. Main was much better. Beef was lovely as was the scallop pasta. Service was fair. Arrived back to our room and imagine my surprise when a note had been slipped under the door stating that as it was Easter housekeeping would not be happening until the Tuesday!! That was fine but we were paying for a serviced room and had saved for our special break to afford this. I rang reception and the girl who answered was very sweet but had no idea about the note or what was happening regarding housekeeping. She made a note that our room was to be serviced. I checked the next morning and they confirmed they would. I just wish staff had rung and let me know as I felt I had been chasing for services that I had paid for but made feel like I was being "difficult". Breakfast was lovely although the hot food was at best Luke warm but tasty. Fruit was lovely and Bircher muesli yum. We have booked for a reef cruise tomorrow which we have to leave for at 7.10. When I contacted reception in regard to getting a lift in buggy down to meeting place that was no problem. I then enquired about breakfast which starts at 7am. I asked if we could get our breakfast (which was included in our package) delivered (which I was willing to pay the delivery to the room fee!) I was told no. I then asked if we could go down early and I was basically told that I could try my luck but don't like your chances - this was from a senior staff member as I was transferred via phone as the first receptionist was unsure. I explained the situation with the boat etc but was told that it was "my choice to go on the cruise". Yes it was but I thought that flexibility and customer service was also important. I was offered a pack of bread and fruit to take with us - an offer I declined. All in all our break in a flash hotel that was going to be a lovely time away has left me feeling flat, disappointed, teary with not one staff member making it a little bit special - in fact I feel like I am a fly around their head - just brushing me off as a nuisance. Be warned - what is on the website is not necessarily what you get. What a waste of money. One bath robe short - asked and was told it would be sent up straight away - still waiting 8 hours later!! I understand about penalty rates etc but don't let us pay over $1000 for 3 nights for crap service - just don't book people in that you can't cater for. It leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. I will contact the Peppers Group regarding our experience, however, if the customer service we have received thus far is anything to go by I don't think I will be receiving any satisfaction. Ps I have travelled the world and understand the difficulties in customer service and would say this experience has been one of the poorest. I will not be recommending the Peppers Group hotels - particularly Airlie Beach.

2 Thank Emma W
Jodi S, Front Office Supervisor at Peppers Airlie Beach, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Emma W,

Thank you for allowing us to address the issues mentioned above, we understand that there were some misunderstandings when making your reservation which may have resulted in your dissatisfaction in a couple of different areas. Once again, thank you for allowing us to discuss it with you directly.

Francesca Marren
Heart Hotel and Gallery Whitsundays
Coral Sea Resort
Coral Sea Resort
#1 of 10 in Airlie Beach

Been to Peppers Airlie Beach? Share your experiences!