We stayed at peppers in early may 2014 for a vacation in the low season. Overall we were very pleased with the resort. The service was lovely and staff were very warm and inviting. Special thanks to Anna at reception and fio during breakfast. They were lovely and made our stay very comforting.
The pool area was nice and peaceful as it wasn't too busy when we stayed at the resort.
Breakfast buffet was great and the a la carte menu was also very nice so no complaints from my wife and I on that front.
The only down side and disappointment was the state of the room we were given when we checked in. Definitely not a state a room should be when paying $300/night.
It was noticeably dirty all round. I'm sure it wasn't cleaned properly by the cleaners or done in a rush but there were parts of the apartment that clearly hadnt been cleaned or dusted for many months including the kitchen area. The furniture was also stained and very old. The apartments are definitely starting to get outdated and old but I think the cleaners definitely let peppers down In this instance. We didn't formally complain because it's not in our nature to do so but worth honestly mentioning here.
Overall we enjoyed our stay here and the hill top nature of the resort wasn't too much an issue for us, even with a pram. The reception staff were always happy to buggy us down and up the hill when needed. Only a short stroll to town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the hill top overlooking the majestic Whitsunday Passage, Peppers Airlie Beach, offers stylish and elegant accommodation in the heart of Airlie Beach. At the resort you are perfectly positioned to experience the wonders of the spectacular Whitsunday islands and the vibrant seaside village of Airlie Beach. Accommodation includes beautifully appointed One, Two and Three Bedroom Spa Apartments, all with majestic views of the Whitsunday passage and wide breezy verandas maximising the tropical lifestyle experience. All apartments feature bathrobes, free WiFi, clothes dryer, daily room service, direct dial telephone, flat screen TV with cable, in-house movies, hair dryer, in-room safe, in-room pay for view movie system, mini bar, air conditioning, spa bath, self contained kitchen including cook top, oven, tea/coffee making facilities, fridge, freezer, microwave and dishwasher. They also feature separate lounge and dining area, iPod docking station, washing machine, ironing facilities and One Bedroom Apartments offer disabled facilities. The resort offers a multitude of leisure options including the culinary delights of the exceptional Tides Restaurant & Bar, pure pampering and relaxation at the onsite endota spa or you can revive by the stunning wet-edge resort pool. Tours leave daily from Airlie Beach and offer an array of things to do including sailing, day trips to the Great Barrier Reef, scenic flights over Whitehaven Beach, skydiving, scuba diving, snorkelling and crocodile safaris. In the town of Airlie Beach you will discover a selection of shops and boutiques intertwined amongst a variety of dining and entertainment venues. The Whitsunday's protected waterways, myriad of islands and Great Barrier Reef are all at your fingertips when holidaying at Peppers Airlie Beach. From 1 Feb until 31 April reception hours are Sun-Thur 7am to 7pm, Fri & Sat 7am to 9pm. For the rest of the year reception will be open 7am to 11pm daily. If you expect to arrive outside reception opening hours, please inform the property 1 day in advance, using the contact details found on the booking confirmation. Please note: Peppers Airlie Beach does not accept AMEX. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Peppers Airlie Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Coral Coast Hotel Airlie Beach
- Peppers Airlie Beach Whitsunday Islands