Set high on the hill we were disappointed not to have a view of the Coral Sea, only bush & the estuary. You need to be fit & active & enjoy walking as it is very steep. Do not stay if you have any mobility issues. They will drop you down to the road in a golf buggy & there is a shuttle to & from town every 2hrs. It's a pleasant walk into town but do make sure you know where the shuttle picks you up from in town, we were at the wrong entrance & watched the van go by, so caught a taxi back with our shopping. Our check in was rushed, we were watched struggling up the steps with our bags by 3 people gossiping at the front desk, only to have to carry them down again to be taken in the golf buggy to our unit. Actually we were just dropped & pointed in the general direction. There was no milk in the fridge & it took 2 ph calls & over 1/2hr & my offer to come to reception to get some before it was delivered. Then we were given a long spiel about their current housekeeping issues. The apartment was well appointed & the generously sized spa bath was very much enjoyed. However the bed would have to be one of the worst I've slept in. It was hard & uncomfortable, not conducive to a good nights sleep & we both woke with sore backs the 2 nights we stayed. The buffet breakfast was poorly cooked so consequently we didn't have any other meals there. They kindly stored our bags for 3 days while we went sailing at no charge & after our poor check in the front desk staff were helpful. Smiles were lacking from the staff though. It certainly is not value for money & having checked out other places would stay at The Coral Sea although tired it's a fantastic location & views & easy walk to town, has a hire & tour desk or The Boathouse Apartments fantastic views, great eateries, close to town & beautifully appointed, great eating places. The Boathouse is run by Outrigger so the standard is very high. I've passed on my concerns to Peppers as normally their Resorts are great. A good bed is essential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Airlie Beach accommodation includes One, Two and Three Bedroom Spa Apartments, all with views of the Whitsunday passage from verandas. One Bedroom Apartments offer disabled facilities. The resort offers leisure options including the culinary delights of Tides Restaurant & Bar or revive by the stunning wet-edge resort pool. Tours leave daily from Airlie Beach and offer an array of day trips to the Great Barrier Reef, Whitehaven Beach, scuba diving, snorkelling and crocodile safaris. Maintenance Notice: Due to damage resulting from Cyclone Debbie, Peppers Airlie Beach is conducting internal repair works with limited noise disruptions to guests. From July to 30 December 2017 roof repair works will begin resulting in external noise and accommodation blocks with scaffolding in place will be closed while completed. Please note the property will be closed 13 - 30 November 2017 due to repair works. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please note: Amex is not accepted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Peppers Airlie Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Coral Coast Hotel Airlie Beach
- Peppers Airlie Beach Whitsunday Islands