“I underestimated the location”

Ibis Budget Dandenong
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dandenong
Melbourne, Australia
“I underestimated the location”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel and staff were great.

I didn't have a car and I found that the location was a few kms from Dandenong CBD. I stayed on a Saturday evening and the public bus were infrequent and it rained most of the day. Accordingly I used taxis. Had I have paid more attention to where this hotel was located, then I would have opted for one that was in the CBD.

My fault for not considering the location.

Room Tip: The hotel is located in a light industrial area.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nipper_11
IbisBudget-Dandenong, General Manager at Ibis Budget Dandenong, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Guest
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and our service despite underestimating the hotel location.Your postive comments about the hotel and the staff means a lot to us.We appreciate your feedback and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A beautiful part of Victoria is the Dandenongs, so this hotel ticked all of the boxes for me. Plenty of secure parking for my hire car, close to all of the sights I wanted to explore, and clean, quiet rooms.

I did have trouble locating the hotel with my GPS, so I suggest you use the corner of Edgewood Road and Pacific Highway as the location. The young lady on reception was very friendly and helpful at all times, as were all staff. Initially on the downside, there are no elevators, so I had to carry my bags up the stairs (no major problem). The rooms are fine, but not having carpet on the floor tends to make them feel a little cold. The was no tea making facilities in the room, but thanks to a previous review, I had purchased an immersion element and was able to boil my own water.

Showers were fine, water hot, and mattress firm and comfortable. Would I return, absolutely.

Room Tip: All rooms are budget. If that's what you're after then all rooms will suit your needs.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lusky49
Dear Guest
Thank you for the beautiful comments about our hotel and service.We try our level best to look after our guests and cater for their needs.
Our rooms don't come with tea/coffee facilities but that should not stop you from enjoying coffee down stairs in our breakfast area.A kettle is available if you wish to make your own coffee or the coffee machine on ground floor makes excellent coffee at $2/cup.
Your feedback is very much appreciated.Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 May 2014

After finding ourselves stuck in south east Melbourne at the last minute on a Saturday night, there were not too many options available.
This place has 24 hour check in thru a machine and rooms are auto allocated via this machine.
A machine cannot give bad service, nor good.
It was a bed for the night...that's it.
This hotel is an ex Formulae one ...need I say more?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travelforsnow
IbisBudget-Dandenong, General Manager at Ibis Budget Dandenong, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest
We thank you for your feedback.Ibis budget are the only hotels with 24hr check-in kiosk.Very handy for a room required after hours.You will need a credit card to check in via the the after hours machine.Yes we were previously called Formule 1.Our hotel has changed name 2 yrs ago to Ibis Budget and rooms have been recently refurbished to match ibis standard.You got to appreciate the budget brands for what it is.Our aim is to offer you a good night sleep at a budget price.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Travellers are raving about these Dandenong hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dandenong
Ramada Encore Dandenong
#4 of 5 in Dandenong
Sandown Heritage Motel
Sandown Heritage Motel
#1 of 2 in Noble Park

Been to Ibis Budget Dandenong? Share your experiences!