“Billing Issue”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Chatswood
Perth, Australia
“Billing Issue”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I was double charged for my room and it took a phone call once back in my office and a check of my bank statement the following day. I needed to call and point this out to them and check again to ensure credit sorted. I find this unacceptable from a company such as ACCOR and as I have membership with them I am disappointed that their systems do not have the ability to ensure proper client billing.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Angela H, General Manager at The Sebel Residence Chatswood, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear Suellen,
I do sincerely apologise for the issue you experienced with billing following your stay, which is unusual feedback. Happy to discuss further if you would like to... hoping you had a safe journey back home.
Sandra Crisafi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Narooma, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Fantastic staff who went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.Could not speak highly enough of them. The apartment was great as it was very quiet and everything was provided. Bed was very comfortable. The hotel is in a great position, across the road from the shopping centre with a great choice of restaurants. Strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you sincerely for your kind words... we are fortunate in Chatswood to enjoy a great location and comfortable, spacious apartments. The team are always thrilled when feedback like yours is received. Hope we can welcome you back soon.
Australia
Reviewed 27 March 2013

4 Night Business trip to Sydney, stayed hear a few times before, and even going back to a big stay for Y2K operations.

When staying away for more than a couple of nights the extra space of an apartment makes up for being away from home. Lounge/dining area, kitchen (small) bathroom, bedroom and own laundry. and even a balcony with a table and chairs.

Chatswood shops right at the door so easy to pick up a few bits from the Coles supermarket across the road in Westfields or the bottle shops at either end of the pedestrian mall.

If working west or north of Chatswood is also a great location as travel is against the peak hour traffic flow.

Clean, comfortable, quite.

Only little problem and not that big an issue is internet wall connection is not next to the table, butt moved the table, turned the TV and actually worked out great.

Great place for work travel, and 2 bedroom units also great for family

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Angela H, General Manager at The Sebel Residence Chatswood, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Hello Ross

So glad you enjoyed your stay we very much appreciate your comments. Good to know you found our apartments spacious. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

they gave me a free upgrade to a 2 bedroom apartment
Apartment style rooms allows for much more space than a typical hotel room.
Very good view over chatswood looking towards the chatswood train station
Very convienient, bus stops and 3min walk to the chatswood train station!!

The place looks like its certainly seen a few years but everything is very well mantained.
Very good value for money too!!

Highly recommended!!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback which I have shared with the Team. Glad you enjoyed what we have to offer in the heart of Chatswood and look forward to your next stay.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I caught the train to Chatswood from the airport and was delighted to discover The Sebel was close to absolutely EVERYTHING I needed to get to during my 2 day conference at The Concourse. Everywhere I needed to go - coffee, food, conference, pub seemed to be no more than 50m away. Travelling on my own, I was concerned about safety, but with everything so easy to get to, and the buzz of Chatswood as a community, quickly made me forget about this. Outstanding service by the staff, very polite and couldn't do enough for me. I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment and had views out to Sydney City. It was a little cool the weekend I stayed so that was the only downer, I didn't get to enjoy more time out on my balcony. So roomy and so clean. I have a bad back, and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Highly recommend to all. Nothing negative to say at all. Well done to Sebel!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 1201. All my needs were met and then some. I didn't utilise the spa nor breakfa...
1 Thank Shelley W
Hello Shelley

Thank you for your evaluation. Your comments about our team and the service they provided have been passed on. Thank you for this as it severs are good encouragement. We look forward to welcoming you back and maybe next time you will get to enjoy the spa and breakfast.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I recently stayed at the Chatswood Sebel for a 3 night business trip in the area. I have also recently stayed at the Chatswood Mantra, and the Chatswood Sebel is the much better choice.

I found the Chatswood Sebel conveniently located to both the station, central business area, shops and restaurants. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room I stayed in was a One Bedroom apartment, which was clean and comfortable. The bed was especially comfortable, and all of the facilities worked properly. There was also a balcony to my room. The hotel was quiet, which made for a pleasant stay and restful sleep.

It's also has a cafe next door that serves an excellent breakfast.

Note that the fit out is not brand new, but this did not detract from my stay.

Hello SAust

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. So happy you enjoyed your stay and found our bed comfortable. We know how busy everyone is and the importance of sleeping well. We have put a lot of detail into our beds, it is good to know you slept well.

Thank you for taking the time to express you experience we do appreciate it.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 February 2013

First i was expecting to see a typical hotel room but was pleasantly surprised when i walked in. I got a room overlooking the mall beside the hotel. You can see a hockey stadium (at least thats what i think it was) at a distance. At first i thought - this is it, not bad. then i walked into the living room area (which i did not expect to see by the way). The bed is very likely the best bed i have had the privilege of sleeping in compared to all the hotels i have slept in. Sleeping was pure bliss. Overall, my experience at this hotel was entirely pleasant. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I could not use the gym unfortunately as i was on a tight schedule but i plan on visiting sydney again soon and i will definitely stay at the Sebel - With my family this time.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ponwude
Hello Ponwude

Thank you for staying at The Sebel Residence Chatswood, we are so pleased you had an amazing stay. Thank you for acknowledging our team this is great for them. I am so happy you enjoyed the bed and had a lovely sleep. We have put a great deal of though into our bedding and cloud toppers so hearing you slept well was lovely.

We look forward to your next stay and meeting your family.

Sandra Crisafi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatswood
Meriton Suites Chatswood
Best Western Twin Towers Inn
Royal Pacific Hotel
Royal Pacific Hotel
#2 of 2 in Artarmon

Been to The Sebel Residence Chatswood? Share your experiences!