The Sebel Residence Chatswood
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Mantra Chatswood(Chatswood)
Hotels.com
US$108
US$91
Agoda.com
The Greenwich Inn Motel(St Leonards)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$90
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsacross the roadbedroom apartmenttrain stationwestfield shopping centregood sizelarge balconycar parkstayed here for a weeka king size bedfull kitchenshopping optionswould definitely stay here againlight sleeperyour doorstepwasher and dryervisiting sydneystaff were helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We have stayed at the Sebel many times on home visits from overseas. The location is fantastic, right in the centre of Chatswood, close to Coles, restaurants, theatres, transport. The 2 bedroom apartments are spacious with comfortable, clean bedding. There is a laundry/dryer in each apartment and two bathrooms, balconies, views so everything you need for a family. The pool is great and towels provided as well as an in room safe. There is secure parking underneath.

Room Tip: A room facing away from Westfield is good, otherwise there isn't much of an outlook.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Angela H, General Manager at The Sebel Residence Chatswood, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hello Vickisyd

Thank you for your lovely review we apprecaite you taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed our location and spacious apartments. We thank you for choosing to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We always stay in Chatswood when we visit Sydney. Sometimes at the Sebel sometimes the Mantra. The Sebel is more convenient to shops, but it is not a member of Accor. As we are now silver members we chose the Sebel to get free wi fi and welcome drinks. Unfortunately this was not offered.
The hotel as also adopted a policy of debiting the credit card for $100.00 and refunding 3 working days after check out. This is despite the fact we had already paid in advance and they knew our credit card details in case we skipped away without paying for any extras.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hello photoman037

Thank you for your feedback we do appreciate this.

I do apologise that we were not attentive to you being a Le Club silver member, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We do have a credit card pre authorisation process when checking in, I am sorry this was not clearly explained as we do not debit the card.

I do hope that your enjoyment of our loaction will allow us to opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Have stayed here many times when visiting Sydney. It is right opposite Westfield Centre and vey close to many other stores. The train station is a few minutes walk away. We usually take a two bedroom apartment as they are located on the higher floors and have excellent Sydney views. Unfortunately the management no longer allow use of the intercom to let guests in. This means our friends have to call us on arrival and we have to descend to the foyer to let them in to the building and lift.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Angela H, General Manager at The Sebel Residence Chatswood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hello 983brianm

Thank you for your time in providing feedback. It is good to know you enjoy our location we are fortunate to have everything right on our door step.

We have increased our security within the building though our reception team can assist so you don't have to come to the lobby to meet your guest.

We apprecaite your continued support and aways look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed in a 2 br apartment with 3 adults and 2 kids. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The unit was clean and the beds comfy. All good upstairs.

Some issues that really annoyed me. Firstly, the pool was closed for renovations - apparently since November 2013. But the website still showed a photo of the pool. And a nice pool it looked too. I complained about this and was told that it says that its closed on the website. But when I clarified where it said it - the story was that it didn't say the pool was closed it just didn't say the pool was open. When I asked 'what about the photo of the pool in all his sunny glory' - I was told that Accor in Paris can't take it down.

I consider this to be misleading and with 3 kids in tow in their swimmers looking at a pool which resembled a building site out of a third world country I was the one guilty of misleading the kids that we were going to go for a great swim. Dad was in trouble from that point.

So then I chose to try the sauna the next morning. After avoiding the building rubbish from the pool and from the showers being retiled - unfortunately the sauna was not working.

I must really compliment the staff however. I could tell that they had been copping a spray from people about the pool. But the 'Paris couldn't take the photo down' excuse just doesn't wash with me. Take the photo down and make it clear the pool is closed as I made a buying decision based upon misleading information.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello TangBin440

Thank you for your review, I sincerely apologise the pool was under refurbishment during your stay. We were able to offer alternative activities to ensures the children enjoyed their holiday I apologise this was not offered.

Thank you for acknowledging our team I do apprecaite this. I would aprecaite the opportunity to welcome you back and would be pleased if you contacted me directly.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed in April for one night in a 2br apartment. Plenty of room, well appointed kitchen and comfy beds. When we arrived there was an awful smell coming from the laundry but this was quickly rectified. Was looking very forward to a swim, we actually picked this over the mantra as the pool looked nicer, so was disappointed when we discovered it was closed for renovations. Would probably try somewhere else next time just because it was nothing special for us.

• Stayed: April 2014
Angela H, General Manager at The Sebel Residence Chatswood, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello Castles45

Thank you for your feedback we do apologise for the pool being under refurbishment and are looking forward to opening this in July.

We do hope you will consider coming back to stay especially to enjoy the major upgrade of our recreational area.