“9/10”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Awesome super hot food, great atmosphere & über friendly staff! I highly recommend it!!! Try the pawpaw salad if you're adventurous. The soft shel crab is the best we've tasted. Don't forget to leave room for the delicious black sticky rice dessert. Will be back for more!!!

1  Thank Venus C

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Was there for lunch today - must say this place is one of the better Thai restaurants in Chatswood. They have a regular stream of customers coming in or to get take aways.

There is quite a number of selection from their lunch menu starting from $11. I ordered Pad Thai. It was a bit on the sweet side but I must say for $11, the pad thai serving is quite small - no value for $$. Disappointing for the price.

This was echoed by the guys on the table next to me... the guy said the serving is quite small - he could eat two plates! They left and went elsewhere for desserts.

Tasty but small servings for the price.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Holy crap this place is amazing !!! Hands down best Thai food I've ever put in my mouth. The Thai twist on the sashimi was fantastic it melted in my taste buds. The pad Thai was so delish mega flavoursome and not sloppy like other places. Ribs were so amazing too I love their fusion of other cuisines into Thai food.

Anyway everyone must try this place !!! I'll be going out again and again to try everyhing on their menu!

Yum yum yum and fantastic service too!

2  Thank Brandawgz
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I'm loathe to write this review as I'd like to keep Khao Pla secret as it's a local favourite and I don't want it to get any more crowded but here goes anyway :-)

Khao Pla manages to deliver consistent, tasty Thai food at a reasonable price and it is a breath of fresh air in the Chatswood shopping precinct. Anything on the menu, ranging from curries, stir fry, fried snacks to noodles, is good although I have a particular weakness for the Tamarind Pork Ribs.

The food has authentic spiciness, although there could be more chili for my taste. I find the Pad Si Ew a little bland (I prefer a sweeter dark soy sauce) and the restaurant can get noisy - but the latter is also an important part of its charm!

Reservations for six people or more only. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Be prepared to queue but know its worth the wait! The food here is wonderful. Exciting flavours and fresh ingredients with an authentic Asian 'street stall' feel. We keep coming back