“BEST coffee in Coogee!”

The Diver Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Coogee
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Neighbourhood: Coogee
Description: A beachside cafe with an extensive all day dining menu. We have the BEST coffee in Coogee, along with a traditionally modern cafe menu with a twist. Lots of healthy options available!
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Today I treated myself with TWO coffees. The first being from The Little Kitchen (2 min walk up the street) and the second from The Diver Cafe. The second coffee from The Diver was a clear front runner - It was delicious! Will definitely be back for another, thanks guys !

Date of visit: August 2018
TheDiverCafeCoogee, General Manager at The Diver Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Great review. Thanks Emily.
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Quick early morning coffee stop in Coogee. Nice spot on the main drag, pretty quick service and good tasting coffee.

Date of visit: August 2018

Thanks you, I hope you enjoyed your coffee the morning sun. :)

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I stumbled across this awesome little “hole in the wall” cafe during a recent work trip to Coogee. The service was always quick and friendly, so this quickly become my “regular” whilst I was away.

The cafe is definitely on trend, but pleasingly isn’t trying “too hard” with a small but really tasty menu on offer.

My coffee was always found to be consistently great. Definitely one of the best brews I’ve found in Coogee.

Date of visit: August 2018
TheDiverCafeCoogee, General Manager at The Diver Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

So glad to hear you enjoyed the diver, senator425 ! Thanks for checking us out and taking the time to share. Hope to see you again if you're ever back in town!

Reviewed 22 July 2018

I have reviewed this cafe before and despite mixing up a drink order, the previous experience was a good one.

However this morning not so good and I wont be returning again as a a result.

Everything started out ok, nice girl seated us and took coffee orders then returned to take meal orders. My black coffee turned up quickly. My friends cappuccino didn't and after some 15mins a friendly lady at a table nearby brought over a cappuccino that had been delivered to them some time ago by mistake ... yes, it was our order, and as she commented, a little less hot then when it was originally delivered.

So we drank our coffee's and waited, and waited, .... , eventually we started to pay attention and saw that people who had arrived after us were being served their food.

Turns out they had "lost" our order! The girl who originally served us offered us options of not ordering and leaving or we could order and they would deliver more coffee and wipe cost of coffee off the bill. We stayed. We re-ordered the Croissant (toasted ham, cheese, tomato) and the Poached eggs, Avocado, on toasted Sourdough.

Coffee's came out quickly (both of them this time) but my friend didn't like the taste and didn't drink it. We still had a healthy wait for the meals but eventually they arrived. The croissant had definitely seen a toaster but not for long i.e. it was flat LOL Other than that it was cold and the cheese was quite obviously not melted at all ... could have been thrown together in minutes, so it must have sat waiting for the other meal. My friend wasn't happy with that meal either as the eggs were under poached and the excess poaching water had it's way to the toast making it soggy.

The waitress did wipe off the costs of the coffee with no mention of the abysmal service, we paid the $27 and we left, never to return :-(

Date of visit: July 2018
TheDiverCafeCoogee, General Manager at The Diver Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Sorry MuddyW,

You have been here before and know our high quality of services and food. We let you down last Sunday. Apologies.

I am investigating what when wrong Sunday to learn from our mistake and what we can improve on. We would like you to give us another chance.

TheDiverCafe

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I was headed to Coogee Pavillion but ended up here instead. Better food, better prices, better service, great coffee, better views!!

Date of visit: May 2018

Thank you for your positive review, we how to see you back here soon!