“Great hotel across from the beach” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney

Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Coogee
“Great hotel across from the beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

This was my 2nd stay at Crowne Plaza Coogee. The location is really good being close to Coogee Beach. The hotel is situated at the south end of the beach where there is an excellent children's playground. There are also plenty of cafe's/ dining options close by. The rooms are modern & of decent size, comfy king size bed, okay bathroom (nothing special), nice pool area & spa. Views from the balcony are lovely.
During my first stay I recall the in-room dining being really good but during my second stay it was really average. The car park is really pokey & small & they charge $20 per day which is a bit rude if you are a guest at the hotel- especially considering that there is free parking around the hotel varying from 1/2 hr timed parking to 4hr timed parking.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thomas Z, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Tlussa,
Thank you for your recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach. I am please to read you have enjoyed your stay and time in Coogee. Thanks for letting me know in regards to your room service meal, I will follow up with the team as we would like to deliver a consistent experience.
We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Korean first
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our family of four booked two rooms each with a verandah and view of the sea; we had the most amazing room level 6 room 622 with double verandah. It was spectacular... stunning views of the water, and Coogee. We have previously stayed twice at Bondi but would stay here every time - the hotel was so good. Really impressed by quality of the staff, Jasmin on arrival was so helpful and friendly. Gave hotel a parcel to mail and it was handled efficiently. Bed was v comfortable. Handy to bus and always lots of taxis available. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: Verandah views are worth it!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thomas Z, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear KiwigirlNZ,
Thank you for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach and sharing your experience. Jasmine will be excited to hear about your comments. I am glad the team looked after you and made your stay seamless and you enjoyed the spectacular views and things to do in the area. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Recently stayed here for one night over the Easter Break. My boyfriend and I booked the day we were staying, and had no troubles whatsoever with the late notice. Checked in very easily, parked our car and went up to our room within 10 minutes of arriving. Hotel is very easy to find and easy to park a car.
Our room was modern, clean and everything you'd want in a beachside hotel room. Our balcony was very large and looked directly out onto the water, it was stunning. We both got up early to watch the sunrise from our bed!
We ate dinner in the hotel which was lovely and very affordable! Walking down to the many cafe's for breakfast was great and the hotel is literally a stone's throw from the beach itself.
We will definitely be returning to this hotel!

Room Tip: Definitely stay in an ocean view room, well worth it!
Dear Naomilou,
Thank you for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach over the Easter Weekend. Great to hear you enjoyed our hotel, facilities and location. The views from our Ocean View rooms are very beautiful and relaxing and Coogee Village is only a very short stroll away. Thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel has a great lobby, rooms and underground garage.
Reception staff are very friendly and helpful. However food is another matter...
At the downstairs terrace self service bar and restaurant, I needed to move 3 plates before I found a clean one.... Dinner at the restaurant was ok but breakfast a disorderly matter. There wasn't even yogurt on the buffet.
One could order fresh eggs but the chefs in the open kitchen were very loud.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thomas Z, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Karel,
Thank you for your recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach. Great to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your feedback in regards to breakfast with our team. Our breakfast buffet normally offers a choice of yoghurts, my apologies if they were temporarily unavailable. We hope to be able to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Coogee when you return to Sydney next time.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for several days to enjoy the beautiful Coogee Beach and the great neighborhood. Marubra Beach is a short taxi cab ride away for excellent surfing. Just the vicinity alone between Crowne Plaza Hotel and Coogee Beach is worth it. The beachfront view from our hotel room was amazing. The hotel staff is incredibly helpful. There are a number of nice bars in the area. There's also a shuttle service that can take you back to the airport for only $15.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas Z, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Rob,
Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and great to hear you had the opportunity to explore the surrounding beaches and suburbs. There is a lot to do within very short distance around the hotel and the coastline is one of the best Sydney has to offer. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Australia and returned to New York safely.
Fremantle, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

My wife and I decided to treat ourselves to the buffet lunch at the Crowne Plaza Coogee on Wednesday 8 April. Having stayed at CP hotels and found them to be great we were looking forward to this treat. The buffet lunch was $35 per head, so not exactly "bistro" prices. If only the food had been "bistro" standard I probably would not be writing this review. There were no plates at the hot servery, so I was directed to a stack at the salad area. Armed with my stone cold plate, I returned to the hot (???) food. It was anything but hot. Tepid would be a more apt description. There were five selections as I recall. No carvery as one would expect, just bowls of, well, "stodge". The chicken was ok but not hot, and made colder putting it onto the cold plate. I hate cold plates for hot meals! There was a dish of fish, not nicely presented just scooped out of whatever it was cooked in, and slopped into a bowl. This fish was claimed to be Barramundi but tasted too strong for that. I think it was probably Nile Perch which is similar in looks but I am no expert. Whatever fish it was it tasted quite strong, unlike Barramundi that has a subtle taste. There was a pasta dish with what appeared to be mince mixed though it. It was so glutinous that the bowl of the serving spoon was caked in it and I had to scrape it off in order to scoop up pasta and serve it onto my plate. There was another pasta dish, ravioli, also in a thick sauce. I did not try the salad bar which also looked pretty sorry. Deserts were a selection of two different slices with bowls of something nearby. Whether these were sauce for the desert or for salad I knew not and the hotel were not letting on. So rather than risk putting bbq sauce on my desert, in mistake for chocolate, I went without. The restaurant manager, upon seeing my food hardly touched asked if something was wrong and I enlightened him. He offered me something from the bar menu instead. Says something for his confidence in the cook, wont call him "chef", in the restaurant kitchen. I have eaten at this hotel buffet a long time ago. It was great. Now I wouldn't cross the road for a free meal from there. This place would not even rate a Michelin inner-tube award.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rictar
Thomas Z, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Rictar,
I was disappointed to read your comments about our buffet lunch and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel, if you wish to discuss further.
Wagga Wagga, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Coogee Beach,for the first time last month. I booked the motel as part of a Christmas present for my husband, so I chose the ocean view room. The bathroom was small and overcrowded, with the bath over the shower. We accidentally left two shirts hanging in the wardrobe and when I rang we were charged excessive postage to cover cost. While the balcony did look side on to the ocean, it was not private and the guest from the room next door could and did easily peer around the screen into our room! Nothing flash for what we paid. Very overrated!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thomas Z, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Trish2650,
Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach. We value your feedback as this will enable us to continuously improve our services and product.
Many thanks,
Executive Assistant Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coogee
Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee
Dive Hotel
#4 of 7 in Coogee
Bondi Beach
Adina Apartment Hotel Bondi Beach

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney? Share your experiences!