“Clean room”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Coogee
Sydney, Australia
“Clean room”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms were clean. Fairly quiet. Good location right in the food & cafe area. Easy access to meals. A couple of minor issues, I booked in May and was advised by confirmation email parking would cost me $18 pn but when I arrived found it was $25 pn. I felt we should been advised of the change especially when I had rung 2 days earlier and booked for an additional night and once again mentioned the need for parking. Oh and they also have deals on the internet where parking is free. I was offered no deal for staying the additional night. I would have been better to cancel the first booking and re book. I will have to learn to play games to save money I suppose. My other gripe was there was no milk for tea and coffee, to get milk I would have to buy the breakfast pack for $14. This is an unacceptable alternative. Oh well Woolworths is across the road. Over all pleasant stay with comfortable bed and a good nights sleep. Fix the milk issue and the communication issue and would give you that extra half star

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jan c
Ben S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee, responded to this review, 21 October 2014
Dear Jan c,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write of your experience. While every effort was made to advise people of the change in parking prices, we failed to make you aware for which I am truly sorry. Rates quoted at reception are always our best available, at times there may be pricings out which may seem cheaper however have restrictions that perhaps meant our team where not able to quote this to you. I have however re-iterated to the team that at all times we are quoting the best available price each and every time to our guests.
I am not sure why there was no milk in your room, as I am pleased to say that we offer fresh milk in every room which we purchase each day so our guests can enjoy real milk and not UHT milk. This is complimentary and does not require purchasing the breakfast pack.
Jan c, the team & I would welcome the opportunity to have you back with us to enjoy a truly memorable stay should you be back in Coogee.
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
London
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Well placed for the amenities of coogee, I travelled to this apartment with my two children who were under five from the UK. The size and cleanliness of the apartment was pleasing, however our stay was peppered with issues within the apartment which were disruptive to an enjoyable stay. Firstly the TV remote was missing, I had to call down to reception within the first 10 minutes of arrival for this to be resolved. Secondly the air conditioning remote in one of the bedrooms was missing. Again I called down to reception and the matter was resolved. All the beers in the mini bar were passed their expiry date and the kettle in the kitchen barely worked. However the biggest issue we encountered was having been out all day we came home to find the balcony door jammed open. It was apparent the cleaner had done this but rather than get it resolved I had to once again call down to reception to do this! This was unacceptable as it was the children's room and the matter was only discovered at their bedtime (the maintenance man came in while they were in the bath also) The catalogue of issues really blighted the enjoyment of the stay and it's frustrating because the apartment has the potential to be perfect if there was more attention to detail and diligence on the part of staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

3 Thank Julie M
Dear Julie M,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write of your experience. I am sorry that in this instance we where not able to deliver a perfect stay.
I have raised your comments with our housekeeping team and we have been carrying out further training with the supervisors and the attendants to ensure that this is picked up prior to our guests arrival.
Thank you again for taking the time to write of your experience thereby providing us with the opportunity to fine tune our service delivery. Should you be staying in Coogee again, the team and I would look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Adina Coogee was a decent and comfortable hotel. That being said, it definitely has room for improvement.

First, service by reception could be improved. No complaints about the receptionist that received us (my friends and I),but the same could not be said for the staff handling our check-out. This particular staff was rather grumpy and did not even bother greeting us at all. I was told by another friend this was due to her being told off for another customer earlier on. Also, staff sometimes were not at the reception area but instead were often inside the backroom, even though it is meant to be a 24/7 reception.

Second, some rooms have better layouts than others. I got a room on the ground floor, just directly outside the elevator. I could hear people walking and talking and it can be quite distracting for light sleepers. The layout of my bathroom was odd and the space was extremely tight. The toilet bowl was in a hard to reach area. Whilst it was directly opposite the sink, the door of the toilet (that swings inwards) blocked my entry to the shower and toilet bowl. I had to squeeze in between the wall and the door to use the shower/toilet bowl. Being an older building/hotel, there were not many available power points as well. I had to plug in my laptop charger at the kitchenette area and stretch the wire across to the study table (even though it was not the designated area for work). The side that was closer to the kitchenette area was rounded and hard to sit at the do work.

The kitchenette area was small but functional, consisting of a kettle, toaster, microwave and fridge. Utensils, plates, cups and bowls and basic cleaning supplies were also provided.

In-room heating could be improved slightly; max temperature was 24 degree celcius and even turning the reverse air-conditioning throughout the night, room was still quite chilly.

No wifi in-room and only free 30 mins of wifi in the reception area. Heard it was quite slow too. Telco network signal might be weak in certain rooms; my phone's 3G dropped off multiple times in certain areas of my room.

Hotel was close to Coogee Beach and directly faced Woolworths, which was convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room. Guests easily disturbed by noise should request for a room not directly outsi...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Geraldine T,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write of your experience with us. I am truly sorry that you did not find this to be an exceptional stay. We have a continued focus on training our teams to ensure bright, bubbly and courteous guests service at all times. I have discussed your comments with the team to highlight the importance of always being engaging with our guests.
I would encourage you in future if you are not completely happy with your room to contact reception as we are quite often able to offer other rooms that may have a better lay out for your needs or in the very least find alternative solutions that will enable you to make the most of your room.
I am pleased to say that we are reviewing our internet offerings, having completed a trial of a number of different offerings so as to be able to deliver one which is more in line with our guests expectations.
Geraldine T, should you be back in the lovely Coogee the team & I would look forward to welcoming you back and endeavour to make your stay memorable for all the right reasons.
Canberra
Reviewed 19 August 2014

all good but for a musty smell in the room - no bottle opener was a bit of a problem as my beer did not have a twist top. the apartments are in a perfect place for us as we have been coming down to the city to surf for years as a group - at least 6 couples. great restaurants nearby

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Graham B
Dear Graham B,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write of your experience. We have conducted and audit of our rooms to ensure all have bottle openers and I have purchased extra to ensure we have some on hand.
I trust your run was also enjoyable. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next run with a bottle opener.
here
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We had 2 nights in a 2 bedoom apartment. The rooms were clean tidy and extremely spacious. Centrally located and only 4th or so from the beach, shops restaurants and pubs were all walking distance away. The facility is great and will definitely stay again. A nice forecourt with massive water feature that you do hear at night a bit. Some say it's relaxing. But when it rains heavily overnight you can't hear it. Only small criticism was not enough hot water pressure in room 62-63. The view was over the internal courtyard and water feature. Very nice and peaceful.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear BBB_au,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write of your experience with us. The team and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We have had our engineering department review the hot water systems for 62-63 to ensure the water pressure is rectified.
The team and I would look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should you be in Coogee again in the future.
Mildura
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel continues to be my favorite in Coogee Bay. The weather was very average but with the abundance of restaurants, cafes and general basic shopping nearby it wasn't a problem. The frequent supply of passing taxis was very handy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Neil D,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. We are very excited to be your favourite in Coogee Bay.
It is always a pleasure welcoming you to the hotel & thank you for the great information on nearby cafe's and Taxi services available to guests.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Room was very clean staff professional. Location excellent. Parking available and staff extremely friendly. Shops and cafés very close. Only negative was the man behind the counter at the newsagent across the road when getting a bus ticket. He was extremely rude and my suggestion would be to go elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Helen m,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a lovely review of your experience with us. I will be sure to pass your comments to the team as I know they too will appreciate this.
I am pleased to say that there are many other options for purchasing bus tickets in the Coogee area.
Helen m, it was our pleasure hosting you for your stay in Coogee & we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you to this beautiful area.
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coogee
Coogee
Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills
Darlinghurst
Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee? Share your experiences!