“coogee”

Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Coogee
Neighbourhood: Coogee
Neighbourhood: Coogee
Reviewed 15 January 2014

great place just off the front road if you fancy something a little healthy. smoothies and juices are really great even if a little bit steep on price.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Great on a hot day, but unorganized for taking orders and the lines can be long. Have had to wate for up to 15 minutes for my drink!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Yum!! I love this place - the juices, the smoothies, the yoghurt, salads etc etc you name it!! I wish there was a shop like this is my home town! Delicious!!!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

As a Coogee local, I am used to transient cafes, pop up shops and tacky touristy beach shops along the Coogee Bay Road. Melonhead appears to be a welcome staple among the street movement but I have noticed an arrogance about this particular business. You cannot fault the high quality produce for sale (at very high prices) or the delicious juices and smoothies. What I can find fault with is the couldn't care less attitude that the owners/workers of this establishment display. Their dismissive attitude is becoming very well known among us locals. I recently purchased a large smoothie (at a high cost) for a 9 yr old and asked for a take away cup to scoop some into for a much younger sibling. I questioned why I had been charged extra, reason - they were charging me for the empty coffee cup!!! Go to Maloney's up the road. A much more reasonable establishment, with a vast array of excellent produce and very friendly helpful staff.

1  Thank Ingsana40
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We juice every day at home, we made our way here twice a day for juices. At home I get my juicing ingredients from a local farm gate market. At first I found the prices were high but considering I don't have to source my ingredients and travel with a juicer I was happy to pay. We tried some of the supplement juices with noticeable effects and other juices and crushes. My favourite was the melon magic, I found it so refreshing. There is fruit for sale and the prices were very competitive to supermarket prices and overall the quality/appearance was by far better. The service didn't come with a smile or any pleasantries, maybe you pay extra for that, they get hammered on the weekend so maybe that's why. If I was a local I would indulge occasionally but as a visitor every day is totally worth it!