“Marvellous breakfast”

Price range: US$7 - US$43
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Coogee
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Can't resist the great Aussie breakfast. Poached eggs, avo and sourdough, which this place delivers superbly well.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Had a delicious breakfast and coffee at The Little Kitchen. Service was friendly and prompt. Food was served quickly and was really good. Coffee also delicious. A great little spot.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We are a family of four spending four days in Coogee. Today was our first day and we picked the Little Kitchen as our breakfast place hoping that if its good enough we will be returning for the next 3 days of our trip. Firstly we ordered the pineapple juice as it was a hot day. The waiter came back saying they had ran out of apple and pineaaple juice and blankly said sorry. I found that a bit odd as it was 9.30 in the morning. We took the house made iced tea without any conviction and nothing great about it. As the breakfast menu is very limited and we felt we had very little choices, I asked the waiter if we could make our plate by picking a side of scrambled egg, a side of pork sausage, a side of avocado and a side of mushroom. My husband asked for exactly the same plate. A side of 2 eggs was 4 dollars on the menu, 5 dollars for a side of avocado and 5 dollars of a side of mushroom and 4 dollars for the pork sausage. The food was good we felt and tasted like what breakfast should be. When we asked for the bill, to our surprise we were charged 62 dollars for 2 iced teas and 2 plates of the breakfast items above. The waiter didnt offer us a receipt. As the bill total was more than what I worked out I asked him for a receipt with the items list. To my surprise he charged us 12 dollars for 1 serve of scrambled egg on toast. When I told him that the price is 4 dollars for the menu, he didnt provide any valid explanation and just walked away to serve another customer. As the kids wanted to leave, we left but with a bad taste in our mouths. We were ripped off of our hard earned money and this is how a small business loses a would be returning customer for the next three days. The waiter just made up that price of 12 dollars for the eggs, this is no where mentioned on the menu. Dissapointing to say the least.

6  Thank 8rudys
Amy T, Owner at The Little Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2018

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review.

I am very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience.
We are a small business with loads of regular customers and holiday makers so we certainly don't want to rip people off as they are the very essence of our business.

The juice delivery was running late that morning so I am sorry there was no apple or pineapple juice available.

If you received eggs on Toast you would have been charged $12. If you didn't want eggs on toast I'm sure if you told the waiter they would have attempted to correct your order.

A side of eggs is $4 to add to any meal. Eggs on Toast isn't $4.

Again I'm very sorry the little Kitchen wasn't up to scratch on that day and I really do hope you enjoyed your time in Coogee its a beautiful place!

Warm regards

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

We’ve been to this place some years ago, so it was definitely on our list to come back. Food is fantastic, service is excellent and friendly. Love their menu. Place is highly recommended

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Cute seaside cafe with super friendly staff & very interesting menu. The corn fritters were a tasty delight and the coffee was silky & strong. Be sure to try the delish homemade crumpets with butter & honey. Gah!

Date of visit: October 2018