“Best food in Cowra”
Review of Tommy's Bistro - CLOSED

Tommy's Bistro
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Description: A Classic Aussie Pub that serves great food, has a lovely warm and friendly atmosphere for both Diners and Drinkers alike
Brisbane, Australia
“Best food in Cowra”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I have eaten at Tommy's on several occasions and each time I go there I can be guaranteed of a great country meal. It is situated in the Imperial Hotel which is a country pub with a great bar. Yes it is always very busy but that's because it's so popular with the locals.
If you are traveling through Cowra try it... I suggest you book though especially later in the week.

Wentworth Falls, Australia
“Nice decor - shame about the noise.”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We called into the bistro and ordered our meal which was fine. Sadly the staff spent the entire time we were there setting up for a function. I have never heard so much unnecessary thumping of chairs while we were trying to eat. The instructions given by the person apparently in charge were spoken in a loud voice and we wondered at the time whether or not he had hearing difficulties. Just about every chair and table were moved, the linen on the table for the function was changed, removed and then replaced and the full cutlery and crockery were set out. The final result was superb - BUT - the staff should not have started until after diners had finished eating.

• Visited September 2011
Canberra, Australia
“Nice food, dissappointing portion sizes”
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I really liked the menu and the food, however I was starving when I went there felt the portions were on the small size and left still feeling a bit peckish, I really think they could have thrown on a few more chips - would have made all the difference. If you are running short on time be warned the food does sometimes take a while... and when I asked the waitress for tomato sauce she brought it our for me 10 minutes later when I'd already eaten my chips!

Visited April 2011
“Not open Sunday or Monday nights”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We were really keen to try as there is very little other choice in cowra & found out the hard way the only 2 nights that we were in town that they only open for lunch 7 days & dinner 5 :-(

Toukley, Australia
“Always reinventing himself- Happy birthday Tommy Gun! Good food, good beer!”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Always reinventing himself- Happy birthday Tommy Gun! Good food, good beer!

1 Thank HumpbackBrewing