“Nice apartments, but noisy neighbours” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sevan Apartments

and 1 more site!
Sevan Apartments
Sydney, Australia
“Nice apartments, but noisy neighbours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

We stayed at Sevan apartments, and chose the deluxe Apartments which was room 201.I will get all the negatives out of the way first. I was disappointed paying a bit extra that we didn't get any glimpse of the ocean all we got was a view of the noisy road, which you really could hear the traffic from inside, also it was a bit off putting with the glass balcony people walking past could see right in. Then the neighbours next door, our bedroom was right next door to their Lounge room and my goodness I have never heard people speak so loud, it was two older couples, and it was like they were yelling, trying to get to sleep was I
possible, my husband who can easily fall asleep was even complaining, we could hear word for word their conversation, it stopped at 2.30am. My hubby spoke to Shane and requested
if we could be moved to another room, but there were no other apartments available,he did speak to them and they promised they would keep it down, come night two they were at it
again, come 1.30am I had had enough opened the front door and screamed out to shut it
up they got the message. I am an easy going person and not too much fusses me, but
between the noisy traffic and the noisy neighbours it really felt like I wasn't on holidays, I was stresses out, thankfully they were gone the next day. My only other complaint would be
the bathroom sinks, there is no place to put your toiletries down.
Now the good, the units are beautiful and clean, big Tvs in the living and main bedroom, beautiful beds, the linen was lovely. Excellent equipped kitchen as well, The BBQ area was very nice as well. Shane was very nice as well. Overall if I was to have this unit again I wouldn't want to stay here, the street noise was way too loud. I would definitely choose an apartment higher up pay the extra money.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank razzamartaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment, it was really lovely, clean clean, modern and very well equiped. A very short walk to the beach and restaurants, I would definately recommend staying here. The pool was lovely and you can also use the BBQ area.

The only thing negative that i have to say is that the glass sliding doors going out onto the balcony do not have safety glass marks on them (they are slighty tinted) but a child can't tell the difference and my child ran straight into the door. When I told the Manager they said they are compliant with the doors being tinted. Personally I would prefer them to take the extra safety step and add the safety marks onto the glass doors as well. Better to be safe then sorry.
Definately ask for an ocean view room (worth the extra) we were able to watch dolphins playing in the surf from our balcony - it was a real treat.

Room Tip: Definately ask for an ocean view room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ladypanda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

I recently stayed at Sevan apartments with my husband and three children. It was like a home away from home, except that I could see the ocean when I looked out the window.
The accomodation was awesome! We stayed in a two bedroom apartment. It was fresh when you opened the door to enter. The rooms were clean, the kitchen was well equipped, and it was fantastic having our own laundry!
Having three young children, I must say the accomodation (& Forster) was very child friendly. We all enjoyed using the pool area, and the BBQ area was and added bonus.
The staff were very helpful, especially when booking the accomodation.
I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank Sweet_adrianos
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

We have just returned from a stay at Sevan. We had a lovely time and enjoyed Forster as a family with young kids. We rented a 3br deluxe apartment which was nicely furnished with a well-equipped kitchen. There was a big flat screen TV in the lounge, and a small LCD tv in the master bedroom. The 2nd bedroom was air-conditioned but the third bedroom was not. The apartments are located on the main road so traffic noise can be a bit of an issue if your apartment happens to face the road. The best thing about these apartments is that they are within walking distance of Forster Beach and its ocean pool and the main street with its eateries. We found the apartment pool to be cold even though it's supposedly heated, but that may just be us. The pool also can be crowded but we did go during peak holiday season so I am sure the apartments were at full capacity. Same goes for the one elevator that served all the apartments. If I didn't have a pram, I too would be taking the stairs. Overall, I would return to these apartments and recommend them to friends.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Coffs Harbour
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

This has to be one of the most comfortable and friendly places to stay in Fortster. We decided to get married in the Penthouse as we wanted a low key wedding. Shane and Zoe (Managers) could not have been more helpful, the preparation and the day went of with no incidents. We had the option of inside or on the balcony as the weather predicted. Close to everything and yet very quite. Our families also stayed with us at the Sevan and they are all still raving about the accommodation. Happy guests made for a happy wedding. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jakar74
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2010

When nearly everything in Forster was booked out I was able to find a bargain at the Sevan. We booked a two bedroom apartment which for a holiday apartment was very spacious and had a huge balcony looking out to the ocean. The unit was spotless - even the kitchen appliances (which are often overlooked). A very short walk to the beach and shops. Only downfall was the noise from being on a main road when you left your windows or balcony door open. Would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pabsSydney
Dubbo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2009

How lucky were we to find the last apartment available in Sevan Apartments on a busy weekend of Triathalon competition in Forster.
We are in the accommodation industry and should know better than to drive in with out a booking.
Coming from the Central West of NSW and desiring cool breezes and seaviews we had everything we wanted at Sevan.
The apartments are of top quality, spacious and have everything you need to have a great stay in Foster.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple