“Pleasant and friendly”

Forster Holiday Village
“Pleasant and friendly”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Greeted with a warm welcome and escorted to the unit. We found the apartment to be clean and sufficiently furnished. We had a well kept BBQ right outside our apartment to use free of charge. Grounds were well kept and staff very helpful. Play ground and pool great for little ones and a half sized tennis court kept us entertained. This accommodation is within walking distance to shops and beach. Would defiantly stay again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Castlemaine, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My 11 yr old son and I stayed here for one night on our way further north, booked at the last minute so was put into one of the cabin/cottages - very clean, spacious, comfortable, well-equipped. The 'Holiday Village' itself is very small so you wouldn't want to be spending a lot of time around it, but there's plenty of beautiful places to spenf the day! Only quibble was the price, although, as I say, we took a last minute booking during peak season so just had to cop it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Wodonga, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We booked in for 4 nights in a 2 bedroom cabin. It was fantastic, clean and had everything we needed. I have to admit, we didn't realise there bed linen for the single beds were with the towels and went and brought a sheet set and pillow case but that's ok as we will use them at home anyway. There was a nice pool, trampolines for the kids and a tennis court. Nice little sitting area outside of the cabin. Laundry to wash clothing at $4 a load and $1 for 30 mins to use the dryer, but also provided are clothes horse with pegs. Kitchen was equipped with electric fry pan, stove top fry pan, plates, bowls, cups, glasses, the list goes on. We found it quiet even though the park was full, and as we had loud kids I was worried that they could be heard throughout the park. On closing the glass sliding door, I found our kids could not be heard :) bedrooms had hanging space and draws, lamps. Bathroom had a shower with a small bath perfect for kids in the bottom of the shower, toilet paper by 2rolls and a hair dryer. TV and DVD player and a split system air con. We wished we could have stayed longer but are heading off to Tasmania for a holiday with no kids :) would definitely stay here again. Thank you

Room Tip: Cabin was great as it was easy to keep clean, there are other types of accommodation with 3 rooms bu...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Sydney
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I recently booked a two bedroom cabin for a trip I was taking with my mother (one room with a queen size bed and one with two single beds). Unfortunately when mum decided to go to bed at 8.30 pm we discovered that only the queen size bed had been made up, despite the website stating that "all linen is provided". With the office closed by that hour, unfortunately we had to improvise by sharing sheets off the queen size bed - resulting in an uncomfortable night for both of us. When I made the owner aware of my disappointment by email on my return home, he unfortunately wasn't very receptive, intimating that it was my fault for not asking for all the beds to be made up! I'm sorry Steve, in all the thousands of nights I have stayed in hotels, motels and self contained accommodation right across Australia I have NEVER found another accommodation venue where I've had to ask for ALL the beds to be made up. If I didn't need two bedrooms, I would have stayed at the many (nicer) places in Forster. Really disappointing experience both during and after my stay with Forster Holiday Village.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Aussie-Lasata
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We just had the most wonderful 4 nights with friends at the Forster Holiday Village. Right from the outset, dealing with this property has been outstanding. Kim who initially made the booking and helped with the many inquiries beforehand was nothing but helpful, patient and always with a smile.
The cabins were huge (3 bedroom) and had everything you would need. Room 1 - queen bed, Room 2 - 2 single beds and Room 3 - bunk bed. Dining table, lounge and all open onto the kids play area, pool, in ground trampoline and down onto half court tennis court so easy to see the kids at all times. The 3 bedroom cabins are in a semi circle so perfect for group bookings so you can all be together.
There are also 2 bedroom cabins to one side of the property but only 10 steps to the main pool area that were very roomy and comfortable.
There are laundry facilities, tables/chairs and gas BBQ's throughout the property. This is not a huge complex, it is intimate without everyone being on top of each other.
The village of Forster is easily accessible by foot, maybe a 5-10 min easy walk where you will find some wonderful shops (ladies this is for you, leave your fellas behind when you go)..
There are also so many nooks and crannies to discover by foot or by car.. take your swimmer's wherever you go as the water is magnificent.. we even saw whales at One Mile Beach..
There is a Bowling Club 1 min walk up the road which apparently does a good buffet (sorry, we didn't try it on this occasion but did come recommended)..
The rates were very reasonable to say the least especially given the standard..
We all look forward to going back next year..

Room Tip: The 3 bedroom cabins are terrific for groups as they are in a semi circle.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Townsville
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed here for two nights as part of my parteners 50th B/day road trip, this was the first time we have stayed in a cabin and we will certainly be back, the cabin was spacious, modern, clean and well equiped. The site has many electric BBQ'S, tennis court, trampoline etc and is also pretty and well maintained. Steve the manager gave us a courtesty call to check on our arrival time, and had taken the time to read our pre booking comment making our arrival to the site after a long drive very welcoming-Thanx Steve.The site is in easy walking distance of every thing-ocean, river,shops etc, we saw dolphins/whales whilst walking and would highly recommend the all you can eat buffett at the bowling club. Will be back -Great place all round!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple