“DO NOT STAY HERE!!! ”

Blue Mountains Budget Accomodation
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Katoomba
Blue Mountains Budget Accomodation
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My friends and I came here for 2 nights during a trip to the blue mountains and were shocked at the state of the place. It was disgusting how someone in this business could allow their accommodation to be like this. Here is what we found:

Cobwebs everywhere
Heating completely insufficient, even though we opened all vents so house freezing
Drafts
Dead flies
Dirty sofa
Dirty fridge
Leaking fridge and broken shelf
Stuff left under bed from previous tenants
Hair on bed sheets
No free wifi and upon paying for it, it did not work!
Broken bug screen in front door and main bedroom
Door on second bedroom doesn't open from inside, this is a complete fire hazard! I got locked in, so dangerous, what if children were in there!
Dirty blankets
Dead bugs on bathroom floor and main bedroom and front room
Dodgy, sparking plug sockets in twin room

I am in Australia on holidays from the UK and am completely shocked at the basic level of cleanliness and standards of the accommodation and feel it was false advertising. We would not have booked had we known the state of the house. The photos and description on the website were not true to reality.

We have travelled a long way and this experience really put a downer on our trip.

What makes things worse, is the fact that we complained and negotiated a refund for 1 night and for the wifi that didn't work and we still haven't received the refund! Absolutely rubbish customer service and no respect whatsoever. The lady, Caron who we spoke to about all of this was rude and just didn't take any responsibility. She said she'd written everything down and would forward it to the owner and sort it out but she didn't! I don't think the owner even exists as he still hasn't responded to our emails and can't seem to talk on the phone and even apologise! Feels like we've just been completely robbed and conned.

Please don't stay here, it is an absolute joke.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Emily M
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Great location; everything you need; well maintained. Everything clean and tidy - sheets, towels, even soap provided! Large television; very comfortable lounges and beds. Good furniture throughout. Stove and microwave look very new; refrigerator works well and is a good size. I'm impressed indeed! Best value for money. Very pleased that I booked here for three nights - usually when I'm in Katoomba I stay at one of the motels near Echo Point but I'm glad I've made the change to this townhouse this time. Great welcome at the office on arrival - very helpful indeed. The gas central heating, which had been turned on before I arrived, was also very welcome and cozy for the three winter nights I stayed here. Undercover parking off the street was another bonus.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank OzzieWideTraveller
Reviewed 3 January 2010

We live in Sydney and planned the trip on that day and called the accommodation if it's still available for 3 adults and 1 toddler. We occupied the 2 Bedroom unit, we were told to call them when we arrive, and there is a safe box in the front door, they told us the pin number so we can get our key... There is no signage of the place.. you'll just know because it's beside the La Maison.. the place is old but cozy.. you have your own car space, they have tv, lounge, microwave, cuttleries, utensils, electric keetle, stove, bread toaster, liquid wash, and a fridge... there's a washing machine and iron... everything you need is there already... The toilet is separate from the bathroom.. there is a bathtub and shower, not a problem w/ the hot water.. but the bathroom light is not functioning well so we decided to put the spare table lamp from our BR. :) the bedrooms are nice but it's a bit dusty especially the comforter...i don't know if it was never washed or maybe the place was vacant for awhile... the pillows we're clean and the towels.. there's a balcony where you can smoke... or have a picnic... and a common BBQ place too... We stayed there for 2 nights. I like the place because it's peaceful, just near the echo point, tourist bus stops are just outside the Lurline street....

On checking out, we just put back the key on the safety box before we left.

We were not just so lucky because it's been raining when we're there... foggy and cooold.. but all in all we enjoyed our stayed in Katoomba Townhouses... It will just depends on you on what you really love and what do you want to do in the place you visit. One thing I would recommend them to have is a WIFI Internet..

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2008

We stayed at a Katoomba townhouse, a doss-house would have been a more apt description!
We arrived at around 5pm from Sydney on the 17th February as agreed by email. Eventually found the office but no-one there! We phoned the number as displayed on the office door and spoke to a person who didn't seem to know anything about who we were or why we were there. We were told to look for a key under some pot somewhere - but needless to say no key was to be found. There we were, tired after a long drive - nobody to show us our accommodation and it was cold and raining....need I say more?? We then set about looking for the bungalow we had booked and found the door open, went inside only to find that it was occupied already! We called the office again to say that our bungalow was occupied. We were then duly informed that we were booked in "next door" and that the key would possibly be in the door or under the mat.. Well........it was! and what a shock we had when we went inside. The place was tacky, smelly, musty, damp and cold. The door knob came off in my hands as I tried to open the door. There was a large hole in the wall to fit the said door knob. The bedrooms were uninviting, dark and dingy. The lounge painted an awful yellow colour with bright awful strip lighting. The carpets were dirty - the only good thing about this place was that it had a washing machine and a very noisy tumble dryer. The only other good thing was the powerful shower with hot water. The bed was awful and pillows were smelly. I put a T shirt on mine so as to hide the smell of dirty hair - ugh!! The drawers in the chest were damp and musty. The place hadn't been aired for what seemed like months. The kitchen floor was dirty and greasy, ditto with the cooker and the pots and pans left an awful lot to be desired also. There was no washing up liquid and only one small kitchen towel. There were notices on the walls everywhere about the do's and don'ts - mainly DON'TS!! as if in a youth hostel. Outside on the front porch was clay pot full of cigarette stubs, the two pillars holding up the porch roof were loose. This place was a total and utter disaster. We had nowhere else to go, so with great reluctance we had to stay the night.
The following day we went to the office to complain about the trouble we had getting in, the fact that it had been double booked and the fact that the place was tacky, unclean and horrible. The guy on reception, I think his name was Jason, was full of apologies. I asked if they, as a letting agency, inspected the accommdation on their books on a regular basis so as to ensure that things were clean and up together as they should have been. But we were told that it was the owner's responsibility to make sure that the accommodation was habitable and fit to be let out. . I asked if they had some other accommodation for us as we refused to stay there for our 2nd night - and without fuss, he gave us the keys of another apartment for us to look at. This one being one of their more 'upmarket' venues a few minutes drive away. After we eventually found it, and up a flight of stairs, we found a spacious apartment with 2 bedrooms, a nice open plan lounge/kitchen/diner with a balcony. The bathroom was nice and with a corner spa bath - and all in all, much better than the awful nightmare creepy bungalow we had the night before. Again there were stainless steel pots and pans, and the fried eggs for breakfast once again stuck to the bottom, but at least the grill and oven worked - as did the microwave. So jacket spuds all round for dinner that night.
I explained that I had left the washing up in the bungalow to be done by the owner, as there was no washing up liquid, and neither was I about to go and buy some.
I felt quite sorry for Jason as he was very helpful and as I said, full of apologies. He must have thought we were the tourists from hell.
Katoomba town itself was a creepy, awful place. There was absolutely nothing remotely charming about it - the place gave us the willies - never never never to return!
On our first night in Katoomba and in our bungalow from hell, we decided to get an Italian take away and found , what I can only describe as a 'transport cafe' type restaurant. It was packed with people - which is normally a good sign...but the place was tacky, greasy and dirty. We ordered our meals and ended up waiting for well over one and a half hours. In fact we sat and listened to more or less 3 Beatles albums - The White Album, Help and Rubber Soul... luckily we are of the age group to know all the words, so had a bit of a sing-song while we were waiting for what was to hopefully be a 'nice Italian' meal. After all, the owner was Italian........ WRONG!!! yet another disaster. It all went from bad to worse. Thank goodness for the bottle of red!! :O)
We left the following morning on our way to Broulee hoping it would all get much better.
Watch this space for a review!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Baby-Babble
Reviewed 14 March 2008

The price was right, and the rental office friendly, but the townhouse was lacking. Furnished with yard sale furniture, the appliances were older, microwave did not work. Generally clean, but a little stale. We found a bank envelope full of cash in one of the pillows that had been left by a previous renter, so the sheets had obviously not been changed before we were there.

• Stayed: February 2008