Blue Mountains Backpacker Hostel
The Carrington Hotel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$98
Agoda.com
3 Explorers Motel(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
Hotels.com
Sky Rider Motor Inn(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$67
Agoda.com
Alpine Motor Inn(Katoomba)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$78
US$246
US$232
US$136
3 Sisters Motel(Katoomba)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbig kitchenfree laundrytrain stationcommon roompool tablebed dormblue mountainsbig lockersnice place to stayown bathroomone nightclean roomsgreat facilitiesconvenient locationboard gameswould definitely stay here againcommon areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

the sign out front said under new management, so maybe things have changed as we stayed in March 2012, but our stay here was mixed.

looks a bit rough around the edges, but the building itself looks quite nice, interesting and was probably once a nice hotel or something. location is good, near to station and shops. common area was OK, bit grubby but what is expected of a hostel really. free computers are a bonus, altho not all worked very well. kitchen was nice n big with plenty of utensils etc, and everyone seemed to wash up after themselves. room was OK, noisy beds creaking a lot but again as you'd expect from a hostel.

however, this was all ruined because when eating dinner in the common area one evening we saw a couple of mice running around. didn't mind too much initially as they were by the windows and keeping themselves to themselves. but then that night a saw a mouse in the room, after the lights were off. it was near someones bag, I scared it away back down the pipework but we didn't sleep very well after that!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 3 July 2012

When I arrived the lady behind the desk was extremely polite which was a nice warm welcome. I asked for information about what's good to see and she directed me to the trolley tours, she said she could not help any more as she was just covering someone. Really she should be there all the time as the other receptionist who I encounter later is just plain rude. When I enter the room
the bed I'll be staying in sheets give me a shudder as there are stains still upon them and the smell of damp wafting through the room. The rooms are massive I was in a 8 bed mixed dorm. The problem is that everything squeaked, the bed, lockers and the train tracks which are right outside as I was placed on a ground floor room you could here people talking outside and even cars revving engines, even the echo of the common room filter through. It also did not help that they allowed a herd of elephants to stay in the room above. So overall none of us had a good night sleep. One girl even moved her mattress from the top bunk to the floor to get a better night sleep. There was a ensuite in the dorm, except that to close the door you had to slam it which wakes everyone up. The shower also sprays over everything. Used the ones in the internet area but they flood every where. Also the cleaner decides to clean them in the morning when most people are trying to get ready to go out. Clean is not the right word as when I entered the toilet after there was still hair all other the floor, more push the dirt around. Things could easily be better at this place. As well as changing the receptionist who was rude to me about my card key not working as for some tragic reason you have to keep it away from your mobile. I asked how far she commented back with a sarky reply, she went on to explain that its the magnetic fields fault . We all have mobiles and I made sure they did not touch in my bag. God knows where your meant to put the key or mobile. Ridiculous have had no issues like this in other hostels. I guess they have free internet to sweeten people up, to try and obscure all the other issues. This hostel needs a little TLC and it would be superb but the lack of interest and helpfulness leads to it being a dive. Needs these issues sorted pronto! Maybe cheap but don't bother, as the main reason for staying in a hostel is to get sleep which will not be addressed here.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs will probably be quiter due to no one stomping on the ceiling, talking outside or revving car engines.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed at this backpacker for one night. I was a bit hesitant to stay there when I read some of the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised with the place. I have to admit that this is the first backpacker I have stayed in so I can't really compare but I was expecting an unclean place for the money I was paying. We stayed in a private room which was very clean, we had a heater and a big fridge. The toilets were clean, the kitchen was big and had everything you need. The girl at the reception was very friendly and help us with everything we needed. The location is great and you have internet access included. If I come back to Katoomba I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I didn't see the share rooms but I would recommend you to stay on one of the private rooms
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank LiLiTorres
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I was only going to need somewhere to sleep - having business that would take up most of my time.
I was a little apprehensive having read some of the reviews but the low price won in the end.
I was pleasantly surprised by the accommodation and staff – cleanliness was not a problem and the location in the heart of the CBD was perfect for me.
I would recommend it to anyone on a budget.

Room Tip: Upstairs is a little quiter on weekends.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com