“Great place to stay if visiting the Blue Mountains...”

Blue Mountains Backpacker Hostel
“Great place to stay if visiting the Blue Mountains...”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Very clean, super friendly staff .. Free Laundry and drying, free Internet & locker with locks..
Very close to the train station - I stayed in a room with 8 other bunk beds - and large bathroom attached..
Really enjoyed my stay - the staff were very helpful - just beside a bottle shop to pick up a few beers and just around the corner on the Main Street there is a Coles to get groceries which can be BBQ or cooked in the large kitchen with all utensils required at backpackers hostel ...
Really enjoyed my stay and highly recommend it !!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nottingham
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Really enjoyed our 3 nights here. We chose a 4 bed dorm and were really pleased with it. Huge personal locker which could fit everything in it including our backpacks. Had hanging space and a drawer so could even unpack a few clothes! had a fridge and freezer in our room and a tv. Very spacious room as well. Although the room was quite hot. Plenty of showers and toilets which were always clean. kitchen is large with lots of facilities. Great location near lots of blue mountains walking tracks and the hostel staff ae some of the friendliest we have come across. Free wifi, free laundry and free use of computers. great hostel and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Orange, Australia
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I read some old reviews and had a bad impression about the hostel, but recent reviews in favour of the hostel made me feel like trying. The hostel is located very close to Katoomba Station. The receptionist is nice and friendly. They have a spacious and warm lounge with TV and a pool table. (Unfortunately, the pool table was a bit noisy even after midnight, when I was in the bed.) Many PCs with Internet connection and wifi, which was not mentioned in a hostel-booking site, are available free of charge. The kitchen and rooms are clean. Laundry is free. Their rates are good and weekday & Sunday rates are excellent. Besides, I found a box for a guest's comment about the hostel in order to improve their service and I liked the attitude very much. All in all, this hostel is well-worth staying.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank misocutlet
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 5 November 2012

A nice friendly hostel with lots of space and free PC with internet, wifi, washing/ drying, pool n BBQ. I only paid 18AUD a night in the week which was very reasonable. The blue mountain trails are all within walking distance as well so cheap activities all day. This was the best hostel I'd stayed in until I hit Queenstown.

Room Tip: The bigger dorms are cheaper but usually not full
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

I am in there right now, and if you're like me, which means a backpacker that just needs a shower and a cheap bed, this hostel is the winner! The 12 - bed dorm where I am sleeping in has its own bathroom.

The bed are really good quality, you can move without waking up the guy sleeping above you, and they are really comfy!

It's located near the station, only five minutes walking, which is good and not good. Not good because you can hear the trains, but the last train is at around 2200pm so the night is pretty quiet.
If I had to complain about something it would be about how clean it is. It is clean, but could be a bit more. But as I said, as a backpackers I really don't mind as soon as I have my bed with clean sheets.

• Stayed October 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Value For Money is the bottom line. Its nice and cosy. The environment simply rocks. Perfect location, just 5 mins walk from station and close to most trails. 25 minutes walk to Echo Point/ Jamison Valley. Internet/ Kitchen/ Games provided. OVerall a fun place to stay!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

What can I say I went to the blue mountains and stayed for over a week. The hostel was cheap clean and peaceful. As it wasn't busy me and one other girl had a 8 bed dorm to ourselves for most of the week. It was cold and even snowed while I was there do we needed extra blankets and the heater on. The kitchen is huge clean and by far the best facilities I've seen in a hostel. I loved it here and will hopefully make it back. If your looking for a place to chill out while discovering all the beautiful mountains this is the place to be.

• Stayed August 2012